+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Memory Lane - Chelsea vs. Notts '81

June 1967, bottom of London Road looking under the old bridge with the Meadow Lane floodlights in the distance.
    Left of the bridge is the London Road 'higher' station from where trains from Daybrook via Mapperley tunnel, Gedling pit and Carlton& Netherfield would stop before going on under the tunnel to Victoria station, but the line had been closed since 1960 when the Mapperley tunnel had partially collapsed (again). The bridge was removed circa 1980.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Just got through all of the 1984/85 season uploads. As disastrous as that season was, I still have a lot of interest in that period as it was only my 3rd season supporting the club. Two things that really surprised me and didn't know watching these clips.......
    Every upload was fascinating viewing including an interview with Justin and also very surprised to see Desmond "Zoo Time" Morris was among the crowd for the Oxford game.
    It was rumoured at the time that Brian Stubbs was the inspiration for 'The Naked Ape.'

I would never have picked that as Mick Waitt in a thousand years. Funny how some people can totally change their looks and appearance as they get older, and others seem to keep their looks to a degree. Well enough that you can at least recognise them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Good job you’d made the right decision before 77/78. I wonder how many fans we lost around that time. Mind you, I went to a couple of F-word home games the season they won the league and the magic just wasn’t there, I’m pleased to say.
    So did I, and although I never wavered from supporting Notts, the atmosphere was amazing. Wouldn't want to go now, but those three seasons when they won the league and 2 European Cups gave me some great times as a neutral.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345