+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st test for the foundation?

1st test for the foundation?

Is the mothballing, closing or reduction of the youth set up the first test for the foundation?

Been thinking about what would happen the 1st time DFC piss some of the support off and wonder what the drop off in direct debits might be.

I'd expect a peak of membership then a bit of drop off then a levelling out but decisions from DFC might have a bearing on the cancellations.

One thing you are guaranteed with Nelms is he's gonna make unpopular choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Is the mothballing, closing or reduction of the youth set up the first test for the foundation?

Been thinking about what would happen the 1st time DFC piss some of the support off and wonder what the drop off in direct debits might be.

I'd expect a peak of membership then a bit of drop off then a levelling out but decisions from DFC might have a bearing on the cancellations.

That is bound to happen as the novelty wears off especially if there is no improvement on the pitch or the youth set up is curtailed.
    From memory I think that the money raised annually by the Well Society fell from £211k to £188k.
    According to Motherwell Football Club Limited annual accounts their chief executive receives an annual salary of £60k.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    According to Motherwell Football Club Limited annual accounts their chief executive receives an annual salary of £60k.
    Oor John wouldnae get oot o' bed fir that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Oor John wouldnae get oot o' bed fir that.
    That is the problem of having American owners. He is being paid an American size salary to work at a Scottish Football Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

The first test for the Foundation has arrived thanks to the latest news in today’s Courier which is covered by a separate topic on this forum.

That is the problem of having American owners. He is being paid an American size salary to work at a Scottish Football Club.
    An American employee doing the same job as me, based in America and in the same company earns less than I do and has less incentives included so no idea where you get this 'American size salary' from.

An American employee doing the same job as me, based in America and in the same company earns less than I do and has less incentives included so no idea where you get this 'American size salary' from.
    Thanks Deeranged. This doesn't fully explain the difference between the Motherwell CEO salary and the DFC directorss salaries but it is nice to know that the urban myth that everything in the States is bigger, ain't necessarily so!

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Thanks Deeranged. This doesn't fully explain the difference between the Motherwell CEO salary and the DFC directorss salaries
    To be honest BCram that is simply inexplicable.

Thank you for your information.
    I continually read about the huge salaries paid in America compared to the UK.

Thank you for your information.
    I continually read about the huge salaries paid in America compared to the UK.
    There’s a huge variation across the US in terms of average salary or kind of industry norms.

The federal govt minimum wage is much less than the UK but individual states pay more.

In addition it becomes harder to compare when you look at medical insurance or different taxation systems.

I’ve been to more than half of all the US states and as a rough guide I’d say about half of all Americans are better off than we are and the other half in deeper poverty.

Whatever way it’s dressed up John Nelms is paid way over the odds as CEO at Dens, both in real terms and against his performance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)