+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ABERDEEN v NSI Runavik

I think it will be Hernandez tomorrow and then back to Logan on Sunday.

I know nothing about this team, except they gave Barry Town ( who we all thought we’d end up playing) a right doing in the last round.

Be careful Dons, have a real go at them but keep it simple at the back and for god’s sake don’t try to defend a 1-0 lead.

Runavik have won 3 home ties in their history and had a few mad games (eg 6-4 against Hibs).

However away from home they've lost every tie in their history and normally concede 3-6 goals each time.

We'll be fine, and we should even rotate the squad a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    Runavik have won 3 home ties in their history and had a few mad games (eg 6-4 against Hibs).

However away from home they've lost every tie in their history and normally concede 3-6 goals each time.

Beware of complacency
    Historic performance is no guarantee of future results.
    They showed against Hibs and Barry Town that they can be very effective going forward.
    So, they don't have a great record, lets then be professional and make sure its not a banana skin we slip up on.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I just hope we field an attacking line up and try and get some goals - none of this game management nonsense once we score the first goal.

I want to see Wright playing from the start again, and Hedges out wide. I'm not convinced by Kennedy so wouldn't be too fussed if someone else was given a shot on the other wing in his place. I'd like to see Hayes continue at LB as it avoids having Considine there. As an alternative, Hoban could play LB with Hayes further forward, but I think Hoban is probably even less natural at LB than Considine is (although he is a superior player).

Lewis
    Hernandez Taylor McKenna Hayes
    McCrorie Ferguson
    Hedges Wright Kennedy
    Watkins
    I think Hayes might be rested for Considine, else it'll be Kennedy on the bench with Hayes further forward

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post

We should be going in head first, scoring a few goals then being able to rotate the squad as the game goes on to get as many of them match fit as possible. I'd like to see Bryson start as well. If he's going to be staying then we need to get a shift out of him.

With Hayes will certainly be playing given he is about to be suspended.

Considine will almost certainly be given a start as he has been out for four weeks suspended.

So you would guess Consi will be LB and Hayes/Kennedy on the wings

After the fiasco that was our left back position against Hamilton, I would expect Consi back in place.

The 2 games in the last week should help greatly with the confidence, sharpness and match fitness for this one.

You could see we were better on Sunday than we were last Thursday so the improvement should continue in this one. Useful workout ahead of important game vs HIV’s on Sunday.

No complacency, get out there, get in their faces and get the tie won early.

Then take the chance to rotate the squad and get some game time into a few others ahead of the potential bans coming through tomorrow.

Should be a 4 / 5 goal margin here if we do our job right.

I would play as many of the covid 8 as possible given they are likely to get a circa 3 game ban so won't play a league game again until around 26 September. Given we (hopefully) will have both the second and third qualifying rounds to play before then we need the likes of Hayes and McKenna to get some game time before then. So for me I would start McKenna, Hayes, Kennedy, McGeouch, Bryson and Anderson (surely to goodness we will play two up front against a Faroese team at home)!!

My team (assuming all fit)

Lewis
    Hernandez McKenna Taylor Hayes
    McGinn McGeouch Bryson Kennedy
    Watkins Anderson

Will do no harm to give the likes of Ferguson a rest given all of the games we have got coming up. I realise this is far from our strongest team but without being complacent surely to goodness that is a strong enough team to beat the fourth best team from the Faroe Islands.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast