+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miles aff topic.

Miles aff topic.

English arrogance reigns supreme tonight at Harry Maguire's sentence of 21 months and 10 days in jail(suspended)is treated with contempt by the English as a kangaroo court from a wee insignificant country only good for a bit of sunshine,a piss up and bit of a laugh.

By the way he was found guilty of assault,bribery and violence against the police.Gareth Southgate named him in the England squad pre trial because he heard Harry's version of events and even though he was blootered that was good enough for Gareth.

If this had been Willie Johnston in 1978 or Jinky they would have been allowed to throw the FN key away,i honestly think most of the English nation think anything goes when they are abroad because they are superior to their hosts.

Its only my very honest opinion but if Maguire had behaved like this in England he would have been toast but because it happened in a debt ridden country inferior to his motherland its a fit up and a Greek conspiracy and it will all be swept under the carpet.

PS Southgate withdrew him from the squad after the verdict,probably kicking and screaming,he is shyte anyway not a patch on Connolly,FACT.

Not for me. Something well dodgy in this.

- Suspended jail sentence but would've likely been let off if they said sorry?

- Defendants given less than 24 hours to present a legal case.

- Courts refusing to allow video evidence of the events of the night that would've helped the defence team.

- Forensic confirmation that the three guys had been beaten by police officers.

Not buying the Scottish/English thing, sorry.

And if this had happened in England, they would've been allowed to build & defend their case with witnesses being taken into account, not have it rushed through on the word of police officers and no one else.
    Last edited by tHeArAb; 26-08-2020 at 06:22 AM.

Aye despite wanting to believe it all - what legal system enables less than 24 hours for a defence and actually manages to successfully sentence 4 people in under 2 hours? Hello Peeps - Its as dodgy as a Stavros kebab innit

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Aye despite wanting to believe it all - what legal system enables less than 24 hours for a defence and actually manages to successfully sentence 4 people in under 2 hours? Hello Peeps - Its as dodgy as a Stavros kebab innit
    Exactly. I fully expect and appeal and an acquittal of some sort to happen. Fishy kebabs all round.

he was defending his sister "allegedly",
    probably all do the same for a family member if true

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Not for me. Something well dodgy in this.

- Suspended jail sentence but would've likely been let off if they said sorry?

- Defendants given less than 24 hours to present a legal case.

- Courts refusing to allow video evidence of the events of the night that would've helped the defence team.

- Forensic confirmation that the three guys had been beaten by police officers.

Not buying the Scottish/English thing, sorry.

And if this had happened in England, they would've been allowed to build & defend their case with witnesses being taken into account, not have it rushed through on the word of police officers and no one else.
    great post and 100% bang on

Fk Greece and all who sail in her

Having read through some of the posts i now fully accept that Harry and his friends were innocent and the Greeks are lying.I think the Albanians caused all the bother and Harry never said,"I am very rich and if you let me go i will give you loads a money."

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Having read through some of the posts i now fully accept that Harry and his friends were innocent and the Greeks are lying.I think the Albanians caused all the bother and Harry never said,"I am very rich and if you let me go i will give you loads a money."
    Actually thats what would normally work in a fkd up country like Greece so fair play to the underpaid police and judges for not accepting these life changing bribes. Now they can carry on looking after a couple of hundred thousand and counting refugees in the safe knowledge they dont take a couple of weeks wages of a football player.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)