+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Three more days to wait...

Hi Frenchie saw a fair bit of the race, yes the crashes were pretty good with the rain coming down but I noticed the leaders very often gestured to other riders to slow down, it's time for the adventurous to go for it and not just ride in a line having a chat.

No Tricky, it’s impossible. When in France we were de-confined the rule for cyclists was to have gap of 10 metres between riders. If you cycle as a sporting activity (like me) you will come across other cyclists and pelotons will automatically form (particularly where I live...a cyclists Paradise). Once in a peloton, you ride as close as possible to man in front of you so as to shelter from head and cross winds and then the 10 metre rule just goes out of the window. For your typical Sunday morning rider like me it is impossible to respect so for the Pro’s forget it!

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Hi Frenchie saw a fair bit of the race, yes the crashes were pretty good with the rain coming down but I noticed the leaders very often gestured to other riders to slow down, it's time for the adventurous to go for it and not just ride in a line having a chat.
    Morning Claw...the sport can be very dangerous already without the weather conditions that they had yesterday. Nobody in the peloton wants to see their colleagues ending up with serious injuries so out of solidarity they neutralised the race on the downhill portion of the road. If a rider had taken the decision to ignore the order and attacked he would have signed his «*death warrant*» and would have been ejected from the peloton at once stage during the race.

Is it finished now then?

Actually this is becoming a good thread with over 200 views
    And i agree Frenchie that social distancing with the cyclists is out of the question but maybe they should wear face masks?

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Morning Claw...the sport can be very dangerous already without the weather conditions that they had yesterday. Nobody in the peloton wants to see their colleagues ending up with serious injuries so out of solidarity they neutralised the race on the downhill portion of the road. If a rider had taken the decision to ignore the order and attacked he would have signed his «*death warrant*» and would have been ejected from the peloton at once stage during the race.
    No, I was not aware of that rule makes sense I guess. Today I have to say love the views of the mountains with little villages perched on top, not sure I would like to live there though.

To be fair i have seen a part of it and the villages seem really pretty compared to my first visit to France as a kid to Boulogne where most of the gift shops were run by cockneys . It was just like home (at the time) lol.

Every year the organisation of the Tour also organise a stage for 15000 cyclists (Tricky’s dream) where they use exactly the same route as the Pros.with exactly the same security..roads privatised and secured by the Gendarmerie. This year is was programmed for today’s stage in Nice.
    My youngest son participates every year since 5 years. Unfortunately this year’s event has been phucked up by COVID-19 and has been cancelled.

I like British touring cars racing.
    Do you Frenchie?
    Each to there own sport my friend.
    Ps convert to West Ham and find your inner peace lol

No Chris Froome, no Geraint Thomas but now we have Adam Yates in 2ed place at the moment, would you adam and eve it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast