+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Three more days to wait...

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    No Chris Froome, no Geraint Thomas but now we have Adam Yates in 2ed place at the moment, would you adam and eve it.
    Yates will be riding with Ineos next year. Remains to see with what role or objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky1966 View Post
    I like British touring cars racing.
    Do you Frenchie?
    Each to there own sport my friend.
    Ps convert to West Ham and find your inner peace lol
    Evening Tricky...too right each to his own sport. I know nothing about motor sports except a little F1. I first took an interest in cycling in the late 60s when I saw the greatest of them all Eddy Merckx win a stage in the Tour de France with about 6 minutes in front of the peloton.
    Then when I arrived in France in 1973, I was more than surprised that at work everything stopped to listen to the frequent news bulletins of the Tour on the radio. Then a friend of mine got me to by my first racing bike and the rest is history!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Yates will be riding with Ineos next year. Remains to see with what role or objectives.
    I cant see Yates going there just to be a team rider. Think they will build a team round him for vuelta or giro. Leaving tour to Bernal.
    Wouldnt be surprised to see him pick up a stage or even finish on podium this year

I like British touring cars racing.
    Do you Frenchie?
    Each to there own sport my friend.
    Ps convert to West Ham and find your inner peace lol
    I like touring cars myself tricky also.like rallying their more interesting than.F1

Quote Originally Posted by donny tyke View Post
    I cant see Yates going there just to be a team rider. Think they will build a team round him for vuelta or giro. Leaving tour to Bernal.
    Wouldnt be surprised to see him pick up a stage or even finish on podium this year
    Thomas,Yates,Bernal,Carapaz,Sivakof....seems a little like too many Chiefs and maybe not enough Indians though I imagine Brailsford knows what he is doing. I wouldn’t be surprised if Thomas moves on after his season....unless of course if he wins the Giro!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Thomas,Yates,Bernal,Carapaz,Sivakof....seems a little like too many Chiefs and maybe not enough Indians though I imagine Brailsford knows what he is doing. I wouldn’t be surprised if Thomas moves on after his season....unless of course if he wins the Giro!
    I agree about too many chiefs. Could cause trouble for them in the future.
    Think Thomas could leave I dont think he will win another grand tour. If hes not got chance of winning one of the grand tours cant see.why yates has gone there unless money is the draw but cyclists dont come across greedy like that imo

Quote Originally Posted by donny tyke View Post
    I agree about too many chiefs. Could cause trouble for them in the future.
    Think Thomas could leave I dont think he will win another grand tour. If hes not got chance of winning one of the grand tours cant see.why yates has gone there unless money is the draw but cyclists dont come across greedy like that imo
    I should think that Yates has asked for sporting guarantees concerning the Grand Tours. Money has probably played a part as well but that is something I wouldn’t begrudge him. A sporting career can end in a second...particularly a cycling career.

I am very happy that people find this bicycle thing interesting as that is what sport is all about (each to their own sport)
    However i peeked a view of it on the tv and they were all grouped up like a swarm of smurfs going nowhere

I am very happy that people find this bicycle thing interesting as that is what sport is all about (each to their own sport)
    However i peeked a view of it on the tv and they were all grouped up like a swarm of smurfs going nowhere
    Evening Tricky..they are not going nowhere but hopefully....Covid permitting.....should end up in Paris! Today’s stage was not the most spectacular but tomorrow’s with the first serious mountain to climb should br very tasty. Try and peek another view tomorrow afternoon.
    Cheers

I was at work this afternoon so i missed it.
    However i am starting to warm a bit to this cycling thing.
    Yours sincerely
    #Tricky on the turn

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast