+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sky soccer saturday sack pundits

Sky soccer saturday sack pundits

How sad, for those that cannot get to games watch this programme with I believe warmth and excitement. Axing 3 of the 4 is drastic but what is the reason?
    Rumour has it, sky felt they needed a change as the panel did not represent modern day football.....4 aged white men!!.what, so I guess we will see the former English ladies player, Sue whoever...Clinton Morrison and a lefty activist.....just kidding
    I dont agree with this change, I will wait to see who's coming on but I think whoever it is, we have seen the last of the banter and the Xmas funnies!

Thoughts

Who likes the programme
    Who agrees with the changes
    Who would you like in
    Will Jeff Stelling stay

The world has gone mad!!!!

Because they had the balls not to wear the Marxist blm badge they have been sacked well today sky lost a 20 year customer in an instant.

The division the mainstream media are causing is going to cause a civil war is that what they want ???

Depressing day

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    How sad, for those that cannot get to games watch this programme with I believe warmth and excitement. Axing 3 of the 4 is drastic but what is the reason?
    Rumour has it, sky felt they needed a change as the panel did not represent modern day football.....4 aged white men!!.what, so I guess we will see the former English ladies player, Sue whoever...Clinton Morrison and a lefty activist.....just kidding
    I dont agree with this change, I will wait to see who's coming on but I think whoever it is, we have seen the last of the banter and the Xmas funnies!

Thoughts

Who likes the programme
    Who agrees with the changes
    Who would you like in
    Will Jeff Stelling stay
    There are some articulate sports presenters out there

Clinton Morrison isn’t one of them

He’s an oleaginous character, thick as a plank, with half the amount of its personality !

I enjoyed ‘Soccer Saturday’. Ageism appears to be alive and well within our broadcasting institutions. They did the same to Cricket, Botham, Gower and Allot, and the ‘Lesser Spotted Bumble’.

Instead we’ll have to suffer the ‘intolerable fool’ Mr Wright, the ‘incomprehensible and Z list’ Mr Morrison, ‘fingernails down the blackboard’ Scouse Sue and the ‘Chav with the dot to dot torso’ O’Hara. ‘Dull as dishwater’ Matt Murray is the best of a bad lot, although Liam Rosenior is excellent.

They claim to be reaching out to the younger viewers and advertising. Well which age group PAYS the subscription fee and who buys the shopping?

I’ll just have to turn the sound off.

Maybe we should apply?

Bongo, I would pay for you, Merson and Kammy to run the show, would be great 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I haven't had a sky subscription for a few years. We got a package thru EE including phones, Internet (100mps when sky said only 10mbps was available in our area) and TV.

I used to enjoy watching soccer Saturday, it was definitely the blueprint for Final Score which is what I watch now. And that, because its on the BBC, has the desired multi cultural, none ***ist image Sky are obviously going for.

I like pundits who have played the game. I don't care what colour they are or ***ual orientation or whatever. It is quite similar to what happened with Top Gear. Great programme but mostly because of the onscreen chemistry between Clarkson, Hammond and May.

I don't think it had anything to do with the BLM movement and not adhering to what Sky wanted to push forward. It's just time for change... For the sake of it.

Well lets see what a panel we get thats If it is a panel? I'm with you Sam in the colour issue, quite frankly who cares, as long as they can inform us on the match accurately and are prepared to keep it light with a bit of humour, maybe they were just deemed as dinosaurs and their time has come but to take out all 3 at once does smack of a different story. I have not heard the report about them refusing to wear blm badges, I swear they all wore them but surely its a personal thing? The BBC does not allow any political or religious symbols to be worn by presenters so why if true, has sky made such a stance?
    Hope im not speaking out of term here but im fed up of American news spilling in to our house holds stirring up ratial hatred, let them get on with it, they have this stupid law that allows people to carry Assault rifles and exchange coupons for guns. The problem is not here and we should not tarnish our police force who do a fantastic job with nothing more than a cable tie and pepper spray to help them. I have many black and Asian friends and would like to keep it that way, we all have a Name and we are known for it Not by colour!
    Ok, off my soap box.

Over to you guys!

Just tuned in, oh dear....just turned off 😔😡🤮

So Snoz, le Tiss and Charlie, replaced by Patric Evra, Roy Keane and Micah Richards.
    Well done sky, how to turn you off.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)