+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: £10m for Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Quoth rA "I repeat...however frustrating the performance...is telling someone what a ‘****ing useless ****’ they are actually going to benefit the situation?"

Remember this next time you post on a political thread about how useless out PM is, or stand charged with double standards
    ????

Zzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    ????

Zzzzzzzz
    Hi OTR, good to see you are still with us hows things?

Take the money and run I say
    Indeed. To provide some perspective, three years ago Liverpool signed Andy Robinson from Hull. He cost £8m!
    I’d love us to get £10m for Bogle, but it’s a figure that seems to have come from the Steve Gibson school of nonsensical estimates.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Indeed. To provide some perspective, three years ago Liverpool signed Andy Robinson from Hull. He cost £8m!
    I’d love us to get £10m for Bogle, but it’s a figure that seems to have come from the Steve Gibson school of nonsensical estimates.
    RA hope your not trying to compare Bogle with Robertson that's like comparing Zoon with Bale

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA hope your not trying to compare Bogle with Robertson that's like comparing Zoon with Bale
    Exactly...which is why £10m is, I fear, hopelessly unrealistic.

Let’s face it, for most of us he’s not even our first choice RB...still like to see him given a go on the right side of midfield though.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 29-08-2020 at 05:30 PM.

Take the money and run I say
    Bang on!
    End of!

Exactly...which is why £10m is, I fear, hopelessly unrealistic.

Let’s face it, for most of us he’s not even our first choice RB...still like to see him given a go on the right side of midfield though.
    Yes they tried him there before didn't really work Can't really understand why he's fine backwards like he has . I used to rave about him in the U23 and when he came in he did really well ,especially getting forward and crosses But not sure what has gone wrong with him , does he believe the hype , is it tempory loss of form .But it's about 18months this has been going on ,even when he gets forward his crosses are about one in three that are decent . He has got worse since Keogh stop playing ,he did organise him . But if somebody offered 3 to 5 million I would take because I have a feeling he isn't going to get any better ,,especially is defending which is so poor ,the opposition definitely play on him now Just hope I've got it wrong and he gets his form back . I've been saying that about Lawrence for three years .

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Yes they tried him there before didn't really work Can't really understand why he's fine backwards like he has . I used to rave about him in the U23 and when he came in he did really well ,especially getting forward and crosses But not sure what has gone wrong with him , does he believe the hype , is it tempory loss of form .But it's about 18months this has been going on ,even when he gets forward his crosses are about one in three that are decent . He has got worse since Keogh stop playing ,he did organise him . But if somebody offered 3 to 5 million I would take because I have a feeling he isn't going to get any better ,,especially is defending which is so poor ,the opposition definitely play on him now Just hope I've got it wrong and he gets his form back . I've been saying that about Lawrence for three years .
    Lawro is beyond hope I fear Mista. I thought he'd found his mojo in the 4 or 5 games prior to the lockdown but the lethargy and petulance resurfaced big time after the restart. He needs some serious therapy as what he's been getting thus far is NOT working.

Bogle? I saw a lot of the performances you raved about, albeit on RamsTV whereas you saw him live. A revelation in his first year in the 1st team. A shadow of his former self in the second. I hope that was nothing more than the so called 2nd season syndrome. Last season he hardly ever even tried to get past his man on the outside, preferring to cut inside where things were already overcrowded..... how often was he left upfield, jogging gently back when we lost possession? Not something you can accuse our other full backs of. Wis, Lowe Fozzy, Lee B and young Bateman who is another who, IMO, can make the grade, they all run back, not jog. Like you, I think the hype may have got to him.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Give me the skilled player any day. If you're gonna run around all game, it needs to make an impact, not be a headless chicken.
    Back in the 70s, Ajax (and the Dutch national side) had the fortune to have two, totally different but also toally complementary midfielders in Johan Cruijff and Johan Neeskens. Cruijff the silky smooth skilful player and Neeskens, the guy who did all the hard work for Cruijff. The Nees was also an extremely skilled player but he left that on one side and put the tackles in and won the ball back and then gave it Cruijff to work his miracles. The general thinking of those who remember the tandem is that, given a choice between a team of 11 Cruijffs or 11 Neeskens, they would choose 11 Neeskens, especially if playing against each other as the Cruijffs wouldn't get the ball...... you get the best results with a healthy balance between the two.

I want a team full of both effort and ability.
    Balance is, indeed, the secret rA.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Back in the 70s, Ajax (and the Dutch national side) had the fortune to have two, totally different but also toally complementary midfielders in Johan Cruijff and Johan Neeskens. Cruijff the silky smooth skilful player and Neeskens, the guy who did all the hard work for Cruijff. The Nees was also an extremely skilled player but he left that on one side and put the tackles in and won the ball back and then gave it Cruijff to work his miracles. The general thinking of those who remember the tandem is that, given a choice between a team of 11 Cruijffs or 11 Neeskens, they would choose 11 Neeskens, especially if playing against each other as the Cruijffs wouldn't get the ball...... you get the best results with a healthy balance between the two.

Balance is, indeed, the secret rA.
    There's a big difference between winning the ball, creating space, helping others flourish etc and running around making no difference. How can you rate Bennett, and not Lawrence? The latter scores and assists goals, the former does sod all for the sub 90 minutes he's on the pitch.

Thank god Cocu has seen fit to get rid.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)