+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cedric Kipre and Stephen Sessegnon

Cedric Kipre and Stephen Sessegnon

Rover have had a bid accepted for the highly rated Cedric Kipre from Wigan, as I was telling Robin yesterday, the lad from Stoke was a red herring. This was our target. We have agreed terms with him, and agreed a fee with Wigans administrators, thought to be around £800k. His actual value is around £2m. But we have seen the fire sale at Wigan and capatalised.

Williams is now going to be allowed to leave to go to Swansea, for a fee. Unsure what that is.

Mulgrew is leaving to a Div1 side. He was playing for the Under-21's yesterday to gain some fitness. But will play no part the first teams friendlies.

Stepehen Sessegnon is the borther of Ryan. He can play RB and LB. Cunningham was a red herring, this lad has always been our number one target. He is will be coming in on loan once we finally rid ourselves of Mulgrew.

We have also upped the search for a new number 2 keeper. Unsure of a name at this point.

Looks like decent business if all this comes off. Begs the question who is behind it all?

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    Looks like decent business if all this comes off. Begs the question who is behind it all?
    Not sure. But it spells disaster. I read an article this week about Championship clubs. We are in severe debt and are the 3rd worst in the league. Birmingham are the worst, and are facing a 12 point deduction next season for breaching FFP.
    Bournemouth are in terrible trouble, even with the parachute payments. Then after that, its Rovers.

I am not getting excited about these signings (albeit they seem decent) as it puts Rovers in such a mess. Its short-term ism at it's worst. We still haven't released any season tickets. No shirt sponsor. No income whatsoever.
    I can see they are getting certain players off the wage bill, but replacing them with others, who take up the same wage.
    I still think someone is leaving to fund all of this. But even then, it only covers wages. It doesn't bring in any actual money.

This is not about promotion next season, or the play offs or anything on the pitch related. Its about Rovers still having a club in 12 months time. Which is looking worryingly likely. Numerous other clubs will be in the same mess. But Rovers can't possibly be in a good financial situation. Not sure fans are getting their heads around just how bad it is.

Champs I tip my hat to you.
    Both would be quality signings and would change us from mediocre to sniffing around the play offs,an additional keeper of a reasonable quality and I cant see why we cant make the top 6.
    Good news IF we make the signings mentioned above.

We cannot possibly be 3rd worst when reading had an eye watering wage to turnover ratio,along with stoke.
    We can either spend a bit,which 2 million is or we can simply go down to league one and face oblivion.
    I am not saying our financial state is great because it's so far from it but 3rd worst I really doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    We cannot possibly be 3rd worst when reading had an eye watering wage to turnover ratio,along with stoke.
    We can either spend a bit,which 2 million is or we can simply go down to league one and face oblivion.
    I am not saying our financial state is great because it's so far from it but 3rd worst I really doubt.
    It is all going to come out in the wash mate, watch this space

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    It is all going to come out in the wash mate, watch this space
    West Brom have no hijacked this deal for Kipre after we have had our offer accepted. WBA can offer more money and Prem football. Not sure he will be playing though, and nothing has been finalised, so we may still be able to land him. But they are now thought to be the front-runners to sign him sadly.

My point is what do we do?get rid of the high earners and play with a majority youth team and hope for the best?or get rid of the high earning players no longer needed and replace with ones who are better and on less money?
    I get we need to trim the debt down considerably but by cutting all players away and being hopeful that the youth can all step up at the same time is suicidal.
    We are looking at righting wrongs but over time not all at once.
    We need to be competitive and look to promotion,rather than face the possibility of relegation and losing what players we have on the cheap and ultimately the owners pulling the plug.
    FFP dictates you can post loses of 39 million over 3 seasons not how much debt you are in as a whole.
    We are in a **** situation but we have to trust the men in the boardroom to get it right,as it is totally out of our hands.

I need to keep in touch on this.
    I thought Kipre had been signed by West Ham last week!

On the finance-side, I must admit I never take much interest.
    Champs is right, and we ought to be concerned, but I tend to shrug my shoulders about how the Club is run, so I barely follow the news on that front.
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 27-08-2020 at 10:41 PM.

Champs
    I think your concerns are well founded but we have zero control of the finances.
    Best to place our worries where we can affect a change

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)