+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else struggling for motivation for new season?

Anyone else struggling for motivation for new season?

Bloody glad we're up and out of the Championship but at moment I'm just feeling with no fans, no real pre-season it is just all pointless. Football is all about fans being there and getting behind the team, we could realistically see a season with no away fans all year or most of the year, limited home support, if at all because COVID cases aren't really reducing in UK at all right now.

Just all feels a bit bitter sweet to be honest, our entire year back in PL could be without fans, which to me is absolutely pointless and I live abroad so I can't even go until I come back over the holidays so it's not even that I can't go, I wanted us to show all these soft PL fans what real support is like and now we are just going to be playing in an empty stadium.

Struggling for motivation with signings, too many rumours and nonsense out there so I can't even look at a player and check them out.

I'm looking forward to it getting going but it all just feels so underwhelming and flat at the moment part of that is I also expect us to end up playing Liverpool with no new signings.

Like striker position for example I've seen us linked with: David, Morelos, Edouard, Watkins, Cavani, Rodrygo, Batsuhayi and now Origi and Brewster with more that I'm probably forgetting.

Joel,

well put. my feelings to a large degree.

Hard to picture an entire year without fans but looking like it might be the case.

a special gift from a country that thinks ping pong and rythmic dancing are apex sports.

"Stoke have added a friendly against Leeds United to their pre-season programme."

watching another 5-0 might cheer you up Joel.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    "Stoke have added a friendly against Leeds United to their pre-season programme."

watching another 5-0 might cheer you up Joel.
    This'll cheer you up too Joel - even our opponents are Leeds.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footbal...arget-18815809

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    This'll cheer you up too Joel - even our opponents are Leeds.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footbal...arget-18815809

Nice one Jez mate. Just hang about now for Alfie’s take

It would have been great ... the Anfield kick off for our new chapter, our fans would have given our usual introduction plus some. It’s crazy this no fans and I agree it does take a little of the shine off. Let’s hope a few results our way will get our enthusiastic juices flowing!
    I only believe when I see so I don’t get too overly excited or pissed in regards who is incoming or out going, media schitt.

For me, I am as excited as ever if not more and cant wait for it to kick off, there has been no fans since the restart and the excitement has been just as good once we all got used to no fans, Not just because we were in a good position to get promoted but also football in general, i just love football and the amount of matches that were watched that meant something i loved it, Once a match kicked off i forgot about the no fans bit, I obviously miss going to the matches live anybody does but thank god for the tv coverage, Its not flat for me Joel lad, Just my thoughts though...

Live football I miss & personally watching TV games isn't for me.
    Luckily I'm around football day to day in other aspects of my life so I'll always get 'my fix' even 'tho it's not always Leeds United connected.

First time for decades that I'm possibly not going on the road following the team regularly with my family/friends that have accompanied me for years and I know that many of them share my view and to some extent many of Joel's personal views.
    In truth it really hurts that I cannot be there !

But Covid 19 CAN strike at anytime and my elder son actually got it.
    That WAS a reality check for my family.He showed none of the reported symptoms prior or during (just severe tummy pains) but a routine blood check spotted it and after a couple of months he's now back at work and well - he's not 30 years old yet so it appears that his age group can fight it off.Sheer hell for us because he got quarantined in Russia before a flight back to Paris and I couldn't get over to him.

As I said in truth it hurts not to see the big kick off but I personally do understand exactly why in these strange times.
    MOT

I don't like the lack of spectators, very surreal atmosphere. Aside from that, I am excited for the start of the season. We are in the Premier League again. Its been a long time away so I am excited.

With the season getting ever closer, would be great to see one or two, of the key signings arriving. No doubt, the whole transfer business is complicated - dealing with the player / wage demands / agents / clubs etc, but with MB, his methods etc, lets get the players in, get up to the dreaded Bielsa level & the start of some pre-season matches.
    Also be great, just for once, that any new arrivals, are in good shape , not carrying injuries, and can be " available now for selection " not in 4-6 weeks time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)