+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Article from the Mag - good article and I think how a lot feel

Article from the Mag - good article and I think how a lot feel

Mike Ashley at his vindictive small thinking worst at Newcastle United

We had our eye on the designer rails in Harrods, only to end up in the bargain basket at the Charity Shop, it could only happen to Newcastle United.
    My Mam used to say to me, ‘I don’t know why you bother with them, they aren’t worth bothering with’, I would explain how it wasn’t a question of choice, it’s just what you have to do.

I didn’t realise then that in 60 years time, her words would certainly come true.

I have never approached a new season with such low morale and lack of enthusiasm.

I have kept loving the club though hated watching them throughout the Mike Ashley era but we have now entered a new low. Relegation looks a real threat and the season hasn’t even started.

It would appear that any takeover again just looks like a dream and it’s fair to say that things couldn’t get much worse.

We are just there to make the numbers up with the sole aim of avoiding relegation. The big six may as well enter a European Super League and do everyone else a favour.

I understand Mike Ashley wants to sell the club and the reality is that he doesn’t want to over invest in the playing staff, that said, I can’t understand why he is risking going down, which would see his investment plummet to a fraction of its current worth. After 13 years he still hasn’t learnt that you can buy big and still make a massive profit, as several missed targets confirm.

So we kick off in a couple of weeks and not a penny has been spent. Could this be a sign that a takeover is in the offing, rumbling below the surface? Not a chance.

Despite all the talk there is no one to put their money where their mouth is. Please step forward Reuben brothers, we need you.

In reality, we are seeing Mike Ashley at his vindictive, small thinking worst, neither bothered about protecting his investment or making a go of a club that he claims he has a moral obligation for.

He has simply bailed out and used Covid 19 and the failed takeover as an excuse not to spend anything, ably assisted by Steve Bruce. Other rivals continue to spend big amounts.

At the moment I think we are a really good bet for relegation but can’t understand why I am still bothered.

I just pray we are sold before he changes his mind. The one silver lining at the moment is that he’s a willing seller.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)