+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newcastle United v Barnsley Match Thread

I suspect Struber will pick what he believes to be his best home game starting XI v Forest which could well be the XI that started yesterday, then let the other squad players take their chances from the bench - still time for the odd exit and incoming so if we can strengthen and reduce costs elsewhere with a player sold or loaned we should be in a lot better situation to when we started last season. Goals as we well know win games, will we get enough to keep us away from being in another relegation dog fight season in the Championship??

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    I suspect Struber will pick what he believes to be his best home game starting XI v Forest which could well be the XI that started yesterday, then let the other squad players take their chances from the bench - still time for the odd exit and incoming so if we can strengthen and reduce costs elsewhere with a player sold or loaned we should be in a lot better situation to when we started last season. Goals as we well know win games, will we get enough to keep us away from being in another relegation dog fight season in the Championship??
    I'm still not convinced by this Woodrow at the top of the diamond role personally .

I think we lose quite a bit myself as a goalscoring threat , I haven't a problem with the diamond system its more I'd like to see someone else do the job Woodrow does , Simoes possibly or Styles .

Tha can tell Cauley's not totally behind it and wants to get back to a striker role and is only going along with it for the sake of the team .

Woodrow could well be gone in the next five weeks Animal so I wouldn't build a side around him.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Woodrow could well be gone in the next five weeks Animal so I wouldn't build a side around him.
    I don't doubt for one minute the club wouldn't sell him if they received a decent enough offer SB , I think they'd probably settle for £4m .

The thing is the Championship has changed massively this window because of the economic effects of the pandemic on clubs .

I was reading the other day that only 8 Championship clubs have actually spent any brass this window and three of them were in the PL last season .

Unprecedented with two weeks to go before we kick off in to another season .

I place Woodrow as a solid championship player , not high end but solid enough .

He's unlikely to be a Norwich or Bournemouth target and more of a Blackburn , Reading or Birmingham signing .

None of these standard championship clubs have any money .

I was reading that Mowbray at Blackburn is trying to get Downing back for another year , he's a free agent but the budget is non existent , other than a free agent keeper they haven't made a single signing yet and they've lost Danny Graham too .

I'm not saying we aren't going to lose anyone , you can't really say can you but this window is massively different in the Championship this time .

The reason everyone is still here is possibly because there's absolutely no brass around and the wages on offer aren't that much greater than what they are already on here .

Agree SB Woodrow could go but also Animal comments are very valid maybe 50/50 Woodrow stays / goes wind the clock back to before the start of last season probably 80/20 says he goes, but were in Covid times not much brass abart!!

You can take Hoss to the Pool of Ambition but you can't make him drink.
    Any offer over £2.5 million and Hoss will grab the money and we will see Woodrow go--but we will retain an interest. Prem clubs ev still to spend their money on Championship talent and that will provide Championship clubs with funds in a domino effect. For example Palace have just paid QPR £19 million for Eze. Five weeks left yet.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 30-08-2020 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    You can take Hoss to the Pool of Ambition but you can't make him drink.
    Any offer over £2.5 million and Hoss will grab the money and we will see Woodrow go--but we will retain an interest. Prem clubs ev still to spend their money on Championship talent and that will provide Championship clubs with funds in a domino effect. For example Palace have just paid QPR £19 million for Eze. Five weeks left yet.
    IF a offer comes in for 2.5 and wages agreed then yep he will be on his bike......

Who knows what will happen?? Unprecedented times. Nubdy can guess who can afford what so it's just idle speculation.

Who is our best goal scorer and hold up man? Woodrow he shouldn’t be n midfield he’s our threat. Push him back and the oppo are happy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123