+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fans back at the fitba

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    If last night is a gauge on anything, then i thought i saw that 700 rugby supporters were in the 67000 seater Murrayfield. What does that actually go on to prove?

One of the biggest implications for clubs, having been removed from their normal matchday income, that they are then unable to tap into the PPV income that is going some way to alleviate the loss of income. I would think that PPV has opened up access to quite a big away support that would normally not be able to get to those away matches, like my young lad who has not missed an away game this season.

Its not an issue for us as we would rather be at as many home games as we can, but i can see football supporters throughout Scotland turning their back on attending games due to recent events, including Covid and Chuckys adventures!

PPV may just be keeping supporters on side, and stopping that when a select few are allowed in, may turn some off for an extended period, if not for good.
    I think you’re worrying about a problem that doesn’t exist. If you’re unable to attend because numbers are limited you’ll still be able to access streaming, whether that’s via season ticket or PPV.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    I think you’re worrying about a problem that doesn’t exist. If you’re unable to attend because numbers are limited you’ll still be able to access streaming, whether that’s via season ticket or PPV.
    Worrying? To say someone is worrying about something, to me that means it is something at the forefront of their minds. I have a family to worry about, but i also have a club i would like to support. In the case of this thread, i am raising a momentary concern in reply to what others are writing. If it came to being excluded from doing so through no fault of my own, i will not worry about that situation as me and my family will just find something else to do.

Now you mention that PPV will still be available, but last i read was it is only available until fans are permitted to attend the games. Now, what does that mean? 14th next month? When a reasonable support is permitted without those shielding? When everyone has been vaccinated?

I really dont think discussions have went far enough ahead yet to decide what the future after 2 weeks from now will be like with PPV, but taking it to the last minute will perpetuate the shambles that is Scottish Football!

Think the Idea is we will get all home games free on tv until all season ticket holders are able to get into the ground.Obviously if some are shielding then sadly don't think that will count as not being allowed to attend.

but last i read was it is only available until fans are permitted to attend the games. Now, what does that mean? 14th next month?
    thats what i read too, when grounds open for some supporters no more VST for ST's

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Think the Idea is we will get all home games free on tv until all season ticket holders are able to get into the ground.Obviously if some are shielding then sadly don't think that will count as not being allowed to attend.
    I never read it that way Brian

Worrying? To say someone is worrying about something, to me that means it is something at the forefront of their minds. I have a family to worry about, but i also have a club i would like to support. In the case of this thread, i am raising a momentary concern in reply to what others are writing. If it came to being excluded from doing so through no fault of my own, i will not worry about that situation as me and my family will just find something else to do.

Now you mention that PPV will still be available, but last i read was it is only available until fans are permitted to attend the games. Now, what does that mean? 14th next month? When a reasonable support is permitted without those shielding? When everyone has been vaccinated?

I really dont think discussions have went far enough ahead yet to decide what the future after 2 weeks from now will be like with PPV, but taking it to the last minute will perpetuate the shambles that is Scottish Football!
    I would assume it means until the cap on fans entering the ground is lifted ie when all season tickets holders are allowed to return. A game where admission is restricted to 800 is not back to normal. You cant have a situation where some had paid for a season ticket and told you cant come to the ground and we are pulling you from watching it virtually.

If someone for some reason is unable to attend matches such as shielding, that is different. Its not the club that is stopping you from going to match. it would be your personal circumstances preventing you from going.

I think this is a problem.

I know lots with medical conditions that need to self isolate. No way could they go to a match with thousands there.

The virtual season ticket and ppv has to stay to let fans continue to watch their club

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I never read it that way Brian
    Not sure if I am right.Just the way I picked it up the tv matchs were just to let season ticket holders see matches till they were allowed back into ground.They may carry it on till everyone allowed back that would be fairer.Don't think they will carry on after that as would affect crowds.If someone can get his mates round and watch for £12 between them or stream for free,or they can all go to match and pay £24 each think a lot will take the cheaper option.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    I would assume it means until the cap on fans entering the ground is lifted ie when all season tickets holders are allowed to return. A game where admission is restricted to 800 is not back to normal. You cant have a situation where some had paid for a season ticket and told you cant come to the ground and we are pulling you from watching it virtually.

If someone for some reason is unable to attend matches such as shielding, that is different. Its not the club that is stopping you from going to match. it would be your personal circumstances preventing you from going.
    Offshore has mentioned how i initially read the PPV situation. Like you say, its not a situation that i feel is acceptable.

However, i have sympathy with those who were shielding, who were doing so on advice from .gov, and are likely to be doing so in certain situations for the foreseeable future. It is not always their fault and i expect staying away from the football will be one of those situations.

Only 1000 fans will be aloud in Tanadice for St Mirren game and this will be decided by a ballot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)