+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fans back at the fitba

Fans back at the fitba

Great to hear supporters are to be allowed back into the grounds albeit at significantly reduced numbers, what is very disappointing to hear though, is that the first two test matches will involve both of the bigot brothers.

The powers that be in Scottish fitba never cease to amaze me with their habitual pandering to these two vile institutions that ruin our game and embarrass the country at home and abroad on a regular basis

The bizarre thing is they have most fans to annoy by not being on the list to go in. We have about 5k season ticket holders and a ground that holds over 14k...

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    The bizarre thing is they have most fans to annoy by not being on the list to go in. We have about 5k season ticket holders and a ground that holds over 14k...
    we're fine IMO, plenty options to spread out our support possible reason they chunts are the trial run is due to the fact its a logistical nightmare to spread out 50k season ticket holders

are we still get green light for St Mirren at hame?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    we're fine IMO, plenty options to spread out our support possible reason they chunts are the trial run is due to the fact its a logistical nightmare to spread out 50k season ticket holders

are we still get green light for St Mirren at hame?
    Think that’s the plan anyway, test matches the week before and if all goes ok we should start seeing supporters inside Tannadice

Hope so mate, em hame for it!

So to be clear, we are heading for fans being allowed into games with social distancing, and understandably, that is to be restricted to a limited amount of ST holders only, initially. Now i expect to see a bit more to be clarified in the coming weeks, but.....

Does that mean that those who are unable to attend will not have the option of PPV?

Would ST holders unable to attend for whatever reason have the option of streaming the matches?

For the foreseeable future, i dont think away support should be permitted to travel, so will PPV be available for them/us?

I ask this as i believe PPV will be ending when supporters are allowed in, which i see as a disgrace as you alienate the majority of the Scottish Football support by excluding them. Until all restrictions are removed to allow supporters in, PPV should be allowed to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    So to be clear, we are heading for fans being allowed into games with social distancing, and understandably, that is to be restricted to a limited amount of ST holders only, initially. Now i expect to see a bit more to be clarified in the coming weeks, but.....

Does that mean that those who are unable to attend will not have the option of PPV?

Would ST holders unable to attend for whatever reason have the option of streaming the matches?

For the foreseeable future, i dont think away support should be permitted to travel, so will PPV be available for them/us?

I ask this as i believe PPV will be ending when supporters are allowed in, which i see as a disgrace as you alienate the majority of the Scottish Football support by excluding them. Until all restrictions are removed to allow supporters in, PPV should be allowed to stay.
    I'm hoping given the fact we're a 14k stadium with 6000 ST's we'll not have any ST holders not able to attend, especially after the survey and the 'bubble' part allowing family etc to sit together so no need for gaps in seats

From what i read on the VST once opened we dont get the option of streaming

No idea about PPV, i would say they would be mad to bin that until away fans are allowed in, which i think wont be till aboot November

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post

We were told that if you are unable to attend because of the pandemic then you can stream, even if others have been selected to attend. If your are selected to attend but don't then I don't think you can stream it. That's how I understand it anyway.

I may have misunderstood paper reports but believe Prof Leitch suggested the trial events would be attended by a few hundred fans only. If all went well the attendances would go up incrementally. I certainly took this to mean that the initial matches would have very limited attendances.

All sorts of implications for clubs. Do United through no fault of anyone have to return the 1/19th season ticket value for closed door games as surely allowing say only 20% of season tickets in amounts to that.

Quote Originally Posted by arabesque View Post
    I may have misunderstood paper reports but believe Prof Leitch suggested the trial events would be attended by a few hundred fans only. If all went well the attendances would go up incrementally. I certainly took this to mean that the initial matches would have very limited attendances.

All sorts of implications for clubs. Do United through no fault of anyone have to return the 1/19th season ticket value for closed door games as surely allowing say only 20% of season tickets in amounts to that.
    If last night is a gauge on anything, then i thought i saw that 700 rugby supporters were in the 67000 seater Murrayfield. What does that actually go on to prove?

One of the biggest implications for clubs, having been removed from their normal matchday income, that they are then unable to tap into the PPV income that is going some way to alleviate the loss of income. I would think that PPV has opened up access to quite a big away support that would normally not be able to get to those away matches, like my young lad who has not missed an away game this season.

Its not an issue for us as we would rather be at as many home games as we can, but i can see football supporters throughout Scotland turning their back on attending games due to recent events, including Covid and Chuckys adventures!

PPV may just be keeping supporters on side, and stopping that when a select few are allowed in, may turn some off for an extended period, if not for good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)