+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coady gets the call

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88 View Post
    I am so pleased for Conor. He has waited long enough and when his chance came he did an excellent job!
    It’ll be interesting to see if Southgate try’s 3 at the back again, I don’t know if they’ll get enough time together as a squad to make it work? As you say Connor played well and looks like he belongs at that level.

Connor did not appear to be overawed by the experience. You could hear him talking and organising the defence. Southgate even mentioned him by name in his press conference. A good first game and cap, well deserved, he certainly enjoyed the occasion.

Our lad played well despite a disappointing performance by many of those around him. Hopefully, his preparedness to organise the defense and his passing accuracy would not have escaped the notice of G.S. He may not yet be a regular starter for the national team but, IMO, he has shown enough to secure a place within the squad for the foreseeable future. At the moment, I'm feeling very happy for him. Having said that, I thought England's performance against Iceland and Denmark was woeful. Against Denmark, Sterling, tried hard and worked his socks off, but, mostly, as an attacking force we showed very little creative ambition. It will get better...I hope !
    Last edited by GrizzledWolf; 11-09-2020 at 10:05 AM.

Captain Coady has been called up to the England squad again for three upcoming games. He has also just signed a new contract at Wolves.

E&S reporting that 98% of Nuno's squad will be away on International duty during the current International break. He is going to have to work with the youngsters.

Just scored his first goal for Ingeerland! Nice one too, typical back post Wolves effort. Bloody good for him!!

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Just scored his first goal for Ingeerland! Nice one too, typical back post Wolves effort. Bloody good for him!!
    Got handed the captaincy in the end as well! Up among the gods now, Bully the last Wolves player to score for England and Billy Wright the last captain.

What a day for him!!

It’s a shame fans weren’t able to be there to celebrate. Great achievement for him and Wolves.

Emlyn Hughes was the last Wolves player before Billy Wright to Captain England.

Sorry...before Coady I meant.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)