+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BL00DY plastic pitches

BL00DY plastic pitches

get rid of them!

Name:  blues1.jpg
Views: 1082
Size:  37.0 KB

The sooner the better.

First away match I didn't purchase PPV this season. Glad I kept my money. Not paying to watch football on these pitches. Then you have Livingston with the cheek of charging £20 for their PPV matches.

get the games for free on hesgoal anyway mate

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    get rid of them!
    There is nobody ever going to convince me that plastic pitches don't give the home team a massive advantage. Also the standard of football is crap on them. They are an abomination. I agree get rid of them. They are an embarrassment especially in the premier.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    get the games for free on hesgoal anyway mate
    Are these streaming sites safe enough? I'm not very computer savvy and have heard from some that they can infect your computer with some nasty stuff. There is no way I'm paying Livi the like of £20 to watch a game on their crap pitch so hesgoal would suit me fine!

Quote Originally Posted by pertharab View Post
    There is nobody ever going to convince me that plastic pitches don't give the home team a massive advantage. Also the standard of football is crap on them. They are an abomination. I agree get rid of them. They are an embarrassment especially in the premier.
    TBF to Connolly, the mistake that led to the third goal was 100% down to the surface.

Of course theres a slight advantage even marginal but its the margins that count, the number of times players of both sides were on their bums shows that, only they were on their bums less than our players.. just but its also a psychological barrier to contend with.

If the SFA are going to permit all types of surface lets simply have a sand surface and practice play and sleep on it (extreme)

But the general quality of ball play etc even from the home side was rotten.

Yes artificial pitches are highly controversial, however, going by the game stats (scoreline apart) it appears we did far better on the pitch than what Killie did?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)