+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No final product is letting us down

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    I reckon our lack of threat up front has cost us at least six points so far this season. Two v. St. Johnstone, one v. Hibs and three v. Kilmarnock.
    You've missed a bit....you do realise Killie scored 4😄😄😄😄

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    You've missed a bit....you do realise Killie scored 4😄😄😄😄
    Carlsberg Saturday for you then, Utd lost and Dundee didn't, go on then have a sip mate cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Carlsberg Saturday for you then, Utd lost and Dundee didn't, go on then have a sip mate cheers,
    Carlsberg Saturdays are when Dundee win and the coupons up...

I agree with AJ that our final product is letting us down. We are struggling to create any final product at all!

A lot of discussion about our defence but overall I think we have enough quality there (only for 7th-10th place). I'd like to see Liam Smith back in at RB as soon as possible though.

Midfield is where you create quality chances from and imho we are dreadful there. Our ball control in possession is terrible and our distribution with it is dire. We can't seem to control a game at all. We can't make the ball stick and we're not breaking down defences. We're hoping that we'll create chances from the wings but it's not enough. No idea if MM has a budget for players but that's where I would be focusing my signing efforts.
    Yesterday it was as if all the coaching MM has done just went out the window, we lacked the same intensity and were far too hurried. Hopefully it's a one off but even if it wasn't we still need better quality players in there.

I'd give Powers his chance now, give him 3 or 4 games in a row to see if he's a better option than Butcher. FWIW I don't think MM will do that, we'll see. But in front of the back 5 we are hopeless. Another problem is that Clark, who could be brought a little further back, is having to play up front as a striker while LS is out and that's making him look bad because that's not his game. He's shown before that he will finish given the right chances but this midfield don't create any.

OK Saturday's defeat is only one game but the signs have been there from game 1.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post

Midfield is where you create quality chances from and imho we are dreadful there. Our ball control in possession is terrible and our distribution with it is dire. We can't seem to control a game at all. We can't make the ball stick and we're not breaking down defences. We're hoping that we'll create chances from the wings but it's not enough.

exact same as the past few seasons really stokey, nothings changed

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    exact same as the past few seasons really stokey, nothings changed
    Must be very frustrating for the manager but he's built good teams plenty times before and we all agreed pre season that patience was going to be needed.

Defo mate, we're not far away from being a decent side, just needing a few more key players

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    You've missed a bit....you do realise Killie scored 4��������
    My apologies Peter but I wasn't thinking about the difference between 6 and 2. However, although you are indeed right, on the balance of play, had the Shed won 4-0 it would have been less surprising than the way it turned out. In my op I should have said that I reckon our lack of threat up front AND our readiness to suffer involuntary bowel evacuations, has cost us at least six points so far this season. Is that better?

Feck me RAM, you must have hit a sore point, doesn't usually take Peter an hour to come back with a voluntary verbal bowel movement

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Feck me RAM, you must have hit a sore point, doesn't usually take Peter an hour to come back with a voluntary verbal bowel movement
    It's Dee arrea

I'll get my coat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)