+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rob Holding

I believe there is no money to make transfers. Bruce have to create the money from sales. Schär and Clark will be sold if there is an buyer. There will be another loan player. Propably an midfielder and Hayden will be sold. Then Bruce will buy left back and hopefully another striker.

I read the other day that Bruce was bemoaning his luck-said he'd gone for loans in January so he could save his money for the Summer (nowt wrong with that, btw)...but now the pandemic has decimated our budget so he won't get to spend that money.

His actual words: "it could only happen to me". Yep...never mind 10s of thousands of deaths, businesses closing, folk losing their jobs, etc...Bruce stands alone as the sole victim.

And yeah, I know I'm being overly harsh on him but, for me, he's fully complicit in what's happening-talking up the likes of Dwight Gayle, Andy Carroll and Jacob Murphy as if we're stupid and haven't seen with our own eyes the evidence that they're not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I read the other day that Bruce was bemoaning his luck-said he'd gone for loans in January so he could save his money for the Summer (nowt wrong with that, btw)...but now the pandemic has decimated our budget so he won't get to spend that money.

His actual words: "it could only happen to me". Yep...never mind 10s of thousands of deaths, businesses closing, folk losing their jobs, etc...Bruce stands alone as the sole victim.

And yeah, I know I'm being overly harsh on him but, for me, he's fully complicit in what's happening-talking up the likes of Dwight Gayle, Andy Carroll and Jacob Murphy as if we're stupid and haven't seen with our own eyes the evidence that they're not good enough.
    Sadly, and evidenced by our home attendances, I think there are plenty who lap up the cr*p that he spouts.
    The loyalty of the fans was our biggest pride but now it’s a mill stone around the neck of our club.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Sadly, and evidenced by our home attendances, I think there are plenty who lap up the cr*p that he spouts.
    The loyalty of the fans was our biggest pride but now it’s a mill stone around the neck of our club.
    This is true and probably what has kept Ashley hanging on for so long. We must have the the most loyal fans in the country who will put up with anything to cheer our club on.

It's surely a case of where blind loyalty seriously backfires.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    He can fûck off, dont want any loans from the so called top 6. Does this mean we are a feeder club for them. You all need to read what you post. Ashley really has got the fanbase where he wants it, the corrupt Premier League have the fanbase in its place.
    The sooner this club is rid of Ashley and out of this league the better. Only Premier league I want NUFC in is with new owners and Hoffman, Bush and Masters held accountable for what they have done.
    If all 4 are still in place next season I hope we never win a game.
    Would you just rather we didn't post anything then?

This is still a football forum for us to talk about Newcastle and despite the utter ****eness, we can still talk about whats happening.

Yes, we all want Ashley gone and yes we all Masters and co held accountable but it's looking likely they won't happen - should we not talk about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post

It's surely a case of where blind loyalty seriously backfires.
    Actually, Pat, I think that's the best summing up of the issue I've seen. I do think our fans are part of the problem-I was until the final straw last Summer-but I'm not about to jump on their backs for it.

Loyalty backfiring is the perfect way to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Would you just rather we didn't post anything then?

This is still a football forum for us to talk about Newcastle and despite the utter ****eness, we can still talk about whats happening.

Yes, we all want Ashley gone and yes we all Masters and co held accountable but it's looking likely they won't happen - should we not talk about anything.
    Post what you want. Looking at some of the posts on this thread saying this reject from Arsenal would be a good signing. He is shìte and its an embarrassment that a club this size is scrambling for loans and the fans are getting excited over it.
    A loan signing from a member of the darling top 6. Is that what this club has become, a feeder club for these sides. As for those responsible for the takeover shambles, nothing will happen there. As soon as fans are allowed back in grounds our fans will sell out every home game and away game. Some protest to the Premier League brand and Ashleys ownership that will be.
    Newcastle fans we have now, moan and moan then do fùck all. This shïtshow we are in now will not change until our fans do.

Post what you want. Looking at some of the posts on this thread saying this reject from Arsenal would be a good signing. He is shìte and its an embarrassment that a club this size is scrambling for loans and the fans are getting excited over it.
    A loan signing from a member of the darling top 6. Is that what this club has become, a feeder club for these sides. As for those responsible for the takeover shambles, nothing will happen there. As soon as fans are allowed back in grounds our fans will sell out every home game and away game. Some protest to the Premier League brand and Ashleys ownership that will be.
    Newcastle fans we have now, moan and moan then do fùck all. This shïtshow we are in now will not change until our fans do.
    I totally get where you're coming from Geordie and I think we all feel your pain (and apologies if that comes across as patronising because it's absolutely not meant to be, I'm sure you know that).

I don't like it any more than you but, at the present moment, taking players from Arsenal is unfortunately exactly where we are as a club. As far as Holding is concerned, we'll have to agree to disagree because I think he's decent.

And, like I said above, I agree-our fans are part of the problem and I wish more would stay away. Having said that, I think Ashley is now desperate to sell (although the pressure needs to be maintained) but staying away wouldn't bother those bastards at the PL one little bit.

And finally, as for this forum, I've said many times how fond of the place I am and, since the club are the reason we're all here, if we didn't get back into posting about the club then the forum would be pointless. And that's not a dig, I just think we've had blow after blow following this club and we've always taken it on the chin and, much as the latest blow was of apocalyptic proportions, I think folk are struggling up from the canvas, holding a shaky guard and saying 'fucking come on, then, is that all you got?'

He can fûck off, dont want any loans from the so called top 6. Does this mean we are a feeder club for them. You all need to read what you post. Ashley really has got the fanbase where he wants it, the corrupt Premier League have the fanbase in its place.

Aye, all is calm and the Premier League can get back to being the best in the world.

Even though there are only six teams in it !

We know in our heart of hearts this cnt is right.

The only remedy is zero turnout, and follow another team till Ashley is gone following several years in the Championship. Theres no other answer.

Holding is decent, but to be fair he is a cast off CB in an area of the pitch that we least need strengthening.

Theres fk all else to talk about.

Oh, OT I have heard that Boris will be gone in the next 6-8 weeks. He's resigned but it hadn't gone public yet.

Thats all I got.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)