+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Positives....

Positives....

Ok, so...I used to put up a 'positives' thread after we'd lost to try to provide a bit of balance when we were all pissed off; some losses were harder than others to take anything out of. Events this Summer have given us the greatest loss any of us have ever experienced following this basket case of a club.

With that in mind, after the takeover blew up in our faces and we're stuck with a poor squad and a shocking manager/coaching team what is there-if anything-that we can hold on to?

The biggest one for me is the fact that Ashley is now a willing seller. For various reasons it would appear that now he's as keen to go as we are to see him go.

Also, keeping Matty Longstaff is a big positive for me. I know others doubt my faith in them but I honestly think that, with proper coaching, he and his brother could form a formidable central-midfield partnership. (obviously we won't have proper coaches until Mrs Doubtfire buggers off but this is a positives thread so I'll wind me neck in )

Over to you. I'm off to the Lakes for a couple of nights (just in time for that bastard storm to hit ) so when I get back I'll expect this to have hit double figures in pages and be full of.....no, wait...maybe not.

This page is intentionally left blank.

Positive .... Ashley really wants to sell. Unfortunately the Cosa Nostra will only allow him to sell to someone just like him, they like NUFC just how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Positive .... Ashley really wants to sell. Unfortunately the Cosa Nostra will only allow him to sell to someone just like him, they like NUFC just how it is.

Im convinced it will go through once the window is shut, as a last slap in the face from the Prem.
    They can see just like we can, that with the current set up, we are in for a relegation fight again.
    If they have to approve the deal, what better way than letting us have both hands tied until January, Steve is more than capable of having us beyond saving by that point

in fact it wouldn't surprise me if it was announced on transfer deadline day, 1 minute after the window closed

The only positive I can see is that one way or another we will be shot of Ashley, when that will be is anyone's guess but I reckon it will be sooner rather than later.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmm
    F.U.C.K.E.D if I know,

Well in spirit of the thread.

We've actually signed someone - and he has prem experience and I don't immediately think, why oh why have we signed him.

None that I can think of

Em.....another exciting relegatiin battle along with 14 other club battling it out to finish 17th.

Football will be low down on the priority list this season behind cutting the grass and Morris dancing.

This thread is like my journey to the Lakes. Started off bright and sunny and is now pissing down and miserable.

That's not a complaint, by the way-I gave us an impossible task.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)