+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre Season Games

Pre Season Games

Are there any?

We’ve had two pre season games so far an undisclosed lineup, apparently a mix of first team and U23’s lost 2-0 against Forest a few days ago, and the U23’s lost 2-1 against Cheltenham yesterday. Chem Campbell got our goal.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    We’ve had two pre season games so far an undisclosed lineup, apparently a mix of first team and U23’s lost 2-0 against Forest a few days ago, and the U23’s lost 2-1 against Cheltenham yesterday. Chem Campbell got our goal.
    Thanks Norton. Please let us know if you know of any more.

The U23s have had quite a few games some at Lilleshall National Recreation Centre. They have done quite well winning a number. Walsall I believe have been one of the sides.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    Cheers mate. Talk about a low key start to the season! Chunter, chunter.

I suppose it is understandable with the amount of games played last season but even so. To me though there is a still quiet around the club at the moment that doesn't bode well especially with the conjecture surrounding Nuno's future.

Fans are panicking about the lack of pre season friendlies, but we only finished our season a few weeks ago. Added to that although the players reported back for training yesterday, 9 of our squad are away on International duty.

It will be a difficult start to the season for us and Nuno will probably have to use some of our youngsters to bolster the team. Going back a few years Neves, Jota et al were youngsters, and they weren't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Fans are panicking about the lack of pre season friendlies, but we only finished our season a few weeks ago. Added to that although the players reported back for training yesterday, 9 of our squad are away on International duty.

It will be a difficult start to the season for us and Nuno will probably have to use some of our youngsters to bolster the team. Going back a few years Neves, Jota et al were youngsters, and they weren't bad.
    This is true, but it still leaves me anxious and disappointed regarding the post season, if you can call it that. I didn't for one second expect us to splash the cash, that, thankfully, isn't our style but it all's seems so flat. Perhaps it is what should be expected considering the social and economical upheavals that have taken place but it still leaves me with an uneasy feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    This is true, but it still leaves me anxious and disappointed regarding the post season, if you can call it that. I didn't for one second expect us to splash the cash, that, thankfully, isn't our style but it all's seems so flat. Perhaps it is what should be expected considering the social and economical upheavals that have taken place but it still leaves me with an uneasy feeling.
    I know what you mean Woody, but other than Docs departure and Jonnys injury nothing has changed. There’s potential for Dendoncker to play right wing back, or Traore though I’m not overly comfortable with that. We do need a left sided wing back but other than that I feel confident we can carry on where we left off... One or two decent signings would be nice though

The u23s have completed their Pre season unbeaten. Despite a number of the team training with the first team, they still had enough strength to beat Leeds u23s 2-1.

Comment in the E&S ...

"Those on international duty are due to return towards the end of next week, a matter of days before 2020/21 begins at Bramall Lane. Due to that, Wolves are not expected to play any friendlies before the season starts,"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)