+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transfer gossip

We are scratching around now,as per usual.
    The longer the window progresses the more chance of us patching up with loans.
    Defensively we have been poor for a while but here we are looking at starting the weakest championship in my opinion for quite a while,with a weaker team than last season.
    We seem to be several paces behind everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    We are scratching around now,as per usual.
    The longer the window progresses the more chance of us patching up with loans.
    Defensively we have been poor for a while but here we are looking at starting the weakest championship in my opinion for quite a while,with a weaker team than last season.
    We seem to be several paces behind everyone else.
    If you take a step back and look, nobody has done any real business. The likes of Forest & QPR have sold their best players. A few clubs have bolstered their ranks with a few players here and there, but nothing of great note. It's still nearly 2 months until the window closes, so you can see most clubs doing very late business as per usual. Loans will play a big part and all Champ clubs will be sat waiting to see which Prem loans they can get in, which is dependant on how and when the Prem clubs do their business. It's pretty clear what we need. 2 Centre halves and a fullback. Preferably left. I personally don't think we need a great deal more, and factor in Dack returning late Oct. Most clubs are skint, and are all looking around for the same sort of players. You see quite a few just swapping clubs, from one bench warming career onto another.

I totally get where you are coming from,I am just getting a little concerned that we have a good chance in a weak championship but with our defence,we are looking vulnerable.

The trouble is, everyone is so cagey.
    The moment there's a sniff of interest, prices go up and agents start to pretend there are multiple clubs lining up to buy the players they represent.
    TM actually mentioned the other day how much time is being devoted to the hunt. If you think about all the other clubs on limited budgets doing the same thing, you realize how frustrating the whole process must be for those involved.
    I can't help thinking that there must be a better way of doing this.
    Where our current players are concerned, have you noticed how divergent supporters' views on Bell are?
    It doesn't really surprise me, because he is so inconsistent.
    I believe he is a potentially decent player, but is it as a traditional full-back? If he could go to a D.1 team which wants to play him as a wing-back, he might do really well. I think the one key factor that stops him being a Championship full-back is his positional sense. Cunningham is not hugely talented, but he was usually in the right place to tackle or shepherd. Bell often gets that wrong.

Rob Elliott is the latest rumour

I would be ok with this and would settle the back up keeper role.
    Still could do with a left back and a centre back though.

I would be ok with this and would settle the back up keeper role.
    Still could do with a left back and a centre back though.
    One thing is for sure, Fisher is not the answer. My god of he had to play, we would be in big trouble. He would cost them so many goals. His distribution is terrible. And his a liability with shots. We would struggle to get him out on loan. Anyone who has watched him fro Div2 probably wouldn't want him now.
    An experienced back up keeper is a must. And a centre half. If they keep William's he cover CH and LB.

Yep cant fault what you have said above except I would want a left back brought in as Williams hasn't the legs for that role and bell isn't the answer.

Yep cant fault what you have said above except I would want a left back brought in as Williams hasn't the legs for that role and bell isn't the answer.
    I'm not William's biggest fan. But did think he read the game well yesterday from CB. I agree, he isnt a LB. But could cover there. We do need a CB though if we got injuries and suspensions. Lenihan will miss out a portion of the seasons being suspended alone. Willisms gets injured alot. As does Nyambe. So if the cover is poor, then we will struggle.

Really all we need is a centre back,left back and a reserve keeper.
    Get all of those and I will be quietly confident of a play off push but until then wobbling around mid table again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)