+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transfer gossip

Ayala move back on according to Nixon and, more importantly, Sharp

What we need along with a decent left back.

Ayala signed, looks a good choice too.

Yep good solid signing.
    Now for a half decent left back.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    Ayala signed, looks a good choice too.
    Doesn't have to quarantine either, bonus!
    Good signing potentially. But another defender (C isn't actually where the problem lies. That's the balance in midfield

But you avoided my question on the midfield, Champs.
    If we regularly fielded Travis, Evans, and any one from Rankin-Costello, Holtby and Johnson, are you genuinely suggesting that would be a dire midfield combination?
    Can't we just wait and see on some of this?
    Surely you have seen enough of our ups-and-downs in form and results in the last few seasons to know that predictions are futile?
    I just don't understand why you seem to be implying that this is one of the worst teams and/or situations the club has ever had/been in.
    It just isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    But you avoided my question on the midfield, Champs.
    If we regularly fielded Travis, Evans, and any one from Rankin-Costello, Holtby and Johnson, are you genuinely suggesting that would be a dire midfield combination?
    Can't we just wait and see on some of this?
    Surely you have seen enough of our ups-and-downs in form and results in the last few seasons to know that predictions are futile?
    I just don't understand why you seem to be implying that this is one of the worst teams and/or situations the club has ever had/been in.
    It just isn't true.
    Take Travis out of that.
    Evans will likely spend alot of the seaosn injured, like normal. I would not trust Johnson to play in the womens side.
    JRC is a wide forward? Not sure why you keep mentioning him in midfield. He has not been played there at any stage in his first team career. Holbty missed two sitters last night, and provides zero cover for the defence. Who conceed every time we play.

Had all those stayed fit, then I would have expected a midtable finish at best. Now I do feel a long seasn and relegation battle awaits. We where always going to suffer injuries. And the squad is very thin.
    Like last season, the excuse will be ....ah but we lost Travis, thats why we have been poor. Like when we lost Dack. That was the easy get out of the poor performances. Blame it all on one injury. No other clunbs suffer injuries, just Rovers.

they will need to go sign a few midfielders now. Or they will be in huge trouble.

With a fit midfield, we have an appalling record of 4 wins in 14 games. So would it be smart to say they will now just improve without Travis?

Anyone happy with the window, assuming we sign the left back?

I'm guessing there's still a possibility of domestic loans?
    Brereton Gallagher and Chapman out to finance them

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)