+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer gossip

Transfer gossip

Brereton linked with a move to ADO Den Haag

Arsenal linked to David Raya

(Allegedly)

James Garner, midfielder, from ManUre on loan still doing the rounds.

DC United want Williams says Nixon but has he ever called a correct one?

Brereton wont be going anywhere as he has a crucial part to play this season and I can see him coming good,as for Williams,he will go if we can find a couple of centre backs.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    Brereton linked with a move to ADO Den Haag

Arsenal linked to David Raya

(Allegedly)
    That open goal he missed on Sat was another reason I still sit on the fence with him. While it's very clear he has bulked up, looks hungrier and improved. But still at times looks like a real donkey. He did actually have a hand in a few goals on Sat. I do keep wondering where Dack will fit in all of this, and wondering if he will play on midfield where he played Holtby on Sat. But you need 2 dynamic midfielders to play alongside of him. Travis & Evan's. Johnson will never be the answer other than his one decent game in 5. Not convinced about Davenport. Buckley is a nice footballer. But too slight. JRC is way ahead of any youngster right now. He will have an impact this season. As will Dolan. Who is everything Chapman isnt.

Nat Phillips is the latest name linked with us.
    A permanent deal is preferred and offers the ball played from the back style that mowbray prefers.
    I just wonder how much liverpool would want for him?

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Nat Phillips is the latest name linked with us.
    A permanent deal is preferred and offers the ball played from the back style that mowbray prefers.
    I just wonder how much liverpool would want for him?
    I think a small nominal fee will do the trick. Maybe even on a free.
    They are letting him go and he sounds ok. He played over in the German 2nd Div last season with Stuttgart who won promotion.

You know when things are wrong,when Luton town are doing better in the transfer window than us.
    Just over a week to go and still just the 1 player signed.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    You know when things are wrong,when Luton town are doing better in the transfer window than us.
    Just over a week to go and still just the 1 player signed.
    I am perplexed. TM was a defender, as was Venus. 3 years now and our defence is weaker now than it ever has. We desperately need 2 centre halves. We have to get 2, as Wharton will be nowhere near good enough to play every week. If one CH got injured we are in big trouble. I feel we still need a LB as I just don't trust Bell. How can 2 defenders by trade not address the serious issues we have. I still feel Nyambe is a liability over a season. Some ok games, some very poor. He gets injured way too much aswell. 30 games last season. 31 the season before. But we have JRC to step in at RB, so I am not overley worried. Bennett is utter ****e and will cost us game after game after game if he had to play.

We don't need a striker who scored one goal in the Scottish 2nd Division. Not when we have an academy that costs £4/5m a year to run. And we have the likes of Jack Vale & Butterworth coming through.

If Rovers get this wrong, and don't get at least 3 defenders in, then they will be scrapping around at the bottom of the league worrying about relegation. Mark my words. We will score goals, but we will concede just as many. The keeper may be decent enough, but the defence is worrying me. If Rovers get this right, they have a chance of improving and aiming for the play-offs.

Still have until end of Oct to get in some players, so not the time panic yet.
    We know excatly what we need, it's just a case of getting them in. The lad Kipre would have been a great signing to fill in. A real pity we missed out on him. The young lad from Liverpool may be ok? Who knows.

Kipre has now joined WBA. Pity that as I think he could well have been what we desperately needed. We will have to keep searching.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)