+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is survival a decent season?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    😂😂😂

19 of his last 20 posts are on Utd Mad. He was posting here at 2am the other night. Imagine posting that often on a rival teams board. Deary me.
    At least he's only obsessed with United, unlike Gotti who's obsessed with me personally. I'd say that's a bit more of a personality disorder than poor wee Peter who's just sick as **** that he's never seen his team win anything but a commerative mug 😂

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    😂😂😂

19 of his last 20 posts are on Utd Mad. He was posting here at 2am the other night. Imagine posting that often on a rival teams board. Deary me.
    Told you all before I like the banter on here...but suppose it could be worse I could go about counting people's posts...now that would be a bit weird don't you think 🙊🙊🙊

Bore off Mackie the Funster.

It’s all about survival and always has been, anything else is a bonus

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    It’s all about survival and always has been, anything else is a bonus
    Are you on about United OA, or peter surviving a banning????

Peter is safe 🧡 Pete

Quote Originally Posted by DUFC4EVER View Post
    Seems like a lot of folk will be happy with survival this season. I get that it's obviously better than going down again, but in my mind there's hardly any teams that get relegated after getting promoted. So I thought I'd have a look to confirm and here's what I found:

Season Promoted last year Survived? Position
    2010/11 ICT Yes 7th
    2011/12 Dunfermline No 12th
    2012/13 Ross County Yes 5th
    2013/14 Partick Thistle Yes 10th
    2014/15 Dundee Yes 6th
    2015/16 Hearts Yes 3rd
    2016/17 Rangers Yes 3rd
    2017/18 Hibs Yes 4th
    2018/19 St Mirren Yes 11th Play-offs
    2019/20 Ross County Yes 10th

So in the last 10 years 1 team has been relegated right back down after getting promoted. Almost 2, but we all know why that didnt happen......

Setting survival as a target is aiming pretty low and gives the team an easy out. If there's a bad result or performance you can just say "ah survival is the aim" and let it go.

If you look at the teams that have been promoted 50% of them have achieved top 6! I know we were in an awful state, but we've just won the Championship and have arguably one of the best forwards in the league who's been banging in goals for the last 2 seasons.

I feel like our aim should be top 6, none of this avoiding relegation rubbish. Our squad isn't the finished article but it should be good enough to complete at this level, and the management team should be able to attract better players for where we're lacking.

If Dundee & Ross County can make top 6 after being promoted I'm not content to say survival would be a decent season. Any others agree?
    Good OP

My main reaction to this is shock the Fun made 6th place 😂

I think it will be bonus to be top 6 this season.

With all the changes and weirdness of covid I’ll be happy with us surviving. I wouldn’t want us struggling and coming close to the drop though - I think we are better than that.

Something like 8th or 9th but not close to relegation and I wouldn’t be complaining!!

Top 6 would be ideal

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Told you all before I like the banter on here...but suppose it could be worse I could go about counting people's posts...now that would be a bit weird don't you think 🙊🙊🙊
    Personally I am quite happy to have a few well behaved and house trained funsters on here

Mixes it up nicely and adds to the banter.

Always worth remembering there is someone out there less fortunate than yourself

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post

Always worth remembering there is someone out there less fortunate than yourself
    Couldn't agree more👍

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)