+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best odds Dons title

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post

Time will tell but so far so good this season with the exception of the opening day when they just never really turned up, I guess they were all focused on other things like grab a granny night later on in the soul bar.
    Grab a granny?! With all this Covid going about I suggest the players go for some slightly younger talent as grannies are high on the list of Covid infections (according to government stats).

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Grab a granny?! With all this Covid going about I suggest the players go for some slightly younger talent as grannies are high on the list of Covid infections (according to government stats).
    Well if that's the case it sounds as if Bruce Anderson might have scored that night then eh (at least he scored somewhere that day )
    Then again if my memory serves me right some of the so called "grannies" in the Soul bar are about 23 years old, or maybe I am getting the venues mixed up, that might have been the Metro on Market Street.

I think Cosgrove is getting a bit too much stick for being a “one trick pony” and dictating our “hoofball” style of play. I think with the squad we have and especially playing wing back style, he could fit into that style of play here as well.
    He improved a lot last season on speed and strength and actual footballing ability. He did score 20+ goals two seasons in a row (albeit a lot of penalties).
    Unless he went for loads of money (once fit) and we replaced him with a real goal scorer for some of the fee, I would be okay with him playing in our new formation.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    I think Cosgrove is getting a bit too much stick for being a “one trick pony” and dictating our “hoofball” style of play. I think with the squad we have and especially playing wing back style, he could fit into that style of play here as well.
    He improved a lot last season on speed and strength and actual footballing ability. He did score 20+ goals two seasons in a row (albeit a lot of penalties).
    Unless he went for loads of money (once fit) and we replaced him with a real goal scorer for some of the fee, I would be okay with him playing in our new formation.
    It's no big secret that I have been by far and away his worst critic on here crooky, a lot of it just for banter but a lot of it truthful opinion as well.
    I'm not so sure that he could adapt and fit in with our new look formation but I guess only time will tell.
    But on another note, buying him for pennies and selling him on a puckle of years down the road for a couple of million would be an excellent piece of business by the club and very welcomed and much needed injection of cash especially in the current unprecedented circumstances.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12