+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pavol Safranko

I would love to see SaS in action with a creative fast left winger too would certainly increase our goal threat

No way we should be spending £100k on a loan deal for Safranko.

The world's gone mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post

The world's gone mad.
    ^^^This. Especially given that the season could come to halt at any time.

The world's gone mad.
    Ogren has ambitions for us to challenge in the right half of the table. Without his ambition we would still be in the championship. Its his club, his money and if he wants to spend his own money to make us better I don't see the issue. If we follow your thinking we will bounce right back down.

Not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion but can't agree with it though.

Paying for a loan deal is pretty f*cking wierd really. Saying that, the Mhinks just paid £2M to get their latest signing on loan for the rest of the season. £100,000 is more or less the difference in SPFL prize money at the end of the season. We have to ask ourselves is Safranko the difference between finishing say 8th and 7th? Right now I'd say absolutely.
    Last edited by tHeArAb; 03-09-2020 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Paying for a loan deal is pretty f*cking wierd really. Saying that, the Mhinks just paid £2M to get their latest signing on loan for the rest of the season. £100,000 is more or less the difference in SPFL prize money at the end of the season. We have to ask ourselves is Safranko the difference between finishing say 8th and 7th? Right now I'd say absolutely.
    I only used 100,000 as a base figure as they are asking for six digits but for me it does appear the only option if we want him in. I think there are some strange posts on this thread tbh, in fact not sure why it's not just on the transfer thread to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I only used 100,000 as a base figure as they are asking for six digits but for me it does appear the only option if we want him in. I think there are some strange posts on this thread tbh, in fact not sure why it's not just on the transfer thread to begin with.
    I used £100K in the transfer thread as well. Certainly wouldn't be paying any more than that. Would love him back though. A proper fans favourite. Played for the jersey in every single game

Initially it merited its own thread. Its turned into a transfer thread however, agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Ogren has ambitions for us to challenge in the right half of the table. Without his ambition we would still be in the championship. Its his club, his money and if he wants to spend his own money to make us better I don't see the issue. If we follow your thinking we will bounce right back down.

Not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion but can't agree with it though.
    If we follow my way of thinking we'll bounce back down again. Lol.

Sorry my opinion doesn't match yours or am I not allowed an opinion? Are you just another Shedka?

I don't want us to spend £100k loaning a player that I don't think is worth it..... IMO

Not keen on a big spend to get on loan unless guaranteed we could sign at the end.

Spend £100k and then if any good he signs for bigger club in January

If we follow my way of thinking we'll bounce back down again. Lol.

Sorry my opinion doesn't match yours or am I not allowed an opinion? Are you just another Shedka?

I don't want us to spend £100k loaning a player that I don't think is worth it..... IMO
    I agree its madness we shouldnt be spending any transfer fees let alone loan fees of 6 figures. Next May i might be on here bemoaning the fact we got relegated when we could have spent 100k though I reserve my right to be a hypocrite then lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)