+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Is this the worst PM since the war?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    He's very good at saying what he's going to do while shaking his fist a lot, but when it comes to actions he is useless as Covid has proved.
    He makes promises that will get him through the moment that he finds himself in with no care as to whether they become reality.

It’s straight out of the Bannon/Trump playbook and is often enough to placate people that have voted for him as they do not want to believe that they have elected a useless clown.

Looks like all those working class brexit voters in the North East are turning on him for lack of tests available from snippets I heard on radio 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    In response to the original question - definitely. It's incredible that he's done so much damage in such a short time.
    Personally I think Blair is the worst Prime Minister in my lifetime but we all have our own opinions.

Even as a Tory I think John Major was a disaster. The only thing he led successfully was a bunch of traitors, and even then he was the opportunist compromise option rather than the one(s) who really wanted the job. In much the same way that the Labour Government and the unions of the 1970s created the conditions for Margaret Thatcher's rise to power, the ineptitude of Major and his Government was what gave Tony Blair the keys to No.10 on a long-term lease.

Obviously the first instinct is to pick a Prime Minister from the political side you oppose as being the worst, but in many ways it's more galling to see somebody purporting to broadly represent your own side make a complete pig's ear of it and/or betray your beliefs. I've got several Labour supporting mates who react more angrily to any mention of Tony Blair than they do to Margaret Thatcher.
    Last edited by jackal2; 17-09-2020 at 09:34 PM.

Jim Callaghan and Neville Chamberlain (one from each side) weren't great. Neither was Gordon Brown and Boris is joining the the list.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Jim Callaghan and Neville Chamberlain (one from each side) weren't great. Neither was Gordon Brown and Boris is joining the the list.
    Both Callaghan and Brown inherited someone else's mess and extensive reading re GB has convinced me that he was the central architect in saving the British economy (and to some extent the world economy) from total collapse, a collapse which was not principally the fault of anyone this side of the Atlantic.
    Neither of these two, nor John Major (who was a decent man) were in the same s h i t league as Boris (who is not a decent man).

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Both Callaghan and Brown inherited someone else's mess and extensive reading re GB has convinced me that he was the central architect in saving the British economy (and to some extent the world economy) from total collapse, a collapse which was not principally the fault of anyone this side of the Atlantic.
    Neither of these two, nor John Major (who was a decent man) were in the same s h i t league as Boris (who is not a decent man).
    A bookworm's view obviously; the world is full of nondescript would be academics.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Even as a Tory I think John Major was a disaster. The only thing he led successfully was a bunch of traitors, and even then he was the opportunist compromise option rather than the one(s) who really wanted the job. In much the same way that the Labour Government and the unions of the 1970s created the conditions for Margaret Thatcher's rise to power, the ineptitude of Major and his Government was what gave Tony Blair the keys to No.10 on a long-term lease.

Obviously the first instinct is to pick a Prime Minister from the political side you oppose as being the worst, but in many ways it's more galling to see somebody purporting to broadly represent your own side make a complete pig's ear of it and/or betray your beliefs. I've got several Labour supporting mates who react more angrily to any mention of Tony Blair than they do to Margaret Thatcher.
    Reasonable reasonable reasonable reasonable reasonable reasonable reasonable TRAITORS! reasonable reasonable reasonable reasonable reasonable reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    A bookworm's view obviously; the world is full of nondescript would be academics.
    Yes, they are the ones who stop us tipping over the edge and keep the loud-mouthed egotists in check. Thank god ! Anyone who boasts about their achievements probably hasn't acheived much. Know what I mean ?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Reasonable reasonable reasonable reasonable reasonable reasonable reasonable TRAITORS! reasonable reasonable reasonable reasonable reasonable reasonable.
    Yeah I can go with that!

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast