+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lincoln H

Lincoln H

So we are finally on the verge of the new season. Now we know the squad how do people think we will do? What's the predictions for Saturday's match..
    Who's signed up for I-follow.
    I predict 2-1 Alex Porter and Kirk.

Have signed up with i-follow this morning, every little helps ...
    Presume best to watch game via the app ??

Fingers crossed for 2-1 to Crewe.

I've signed up and I go along with 2-1.

Just seen the line-ups and I'm really puzzled. Got two new CHs in and plays neither of them but chooses the weakest pairing. Midfield okay, like last season, prefers Finney to Lowery, but maybe the latter is not fully fit. Mandron is clearly the Porter substitute.
    Just hoping Lincoln are not firing upfront!

I reckon he’s picked the slightly more defensive midfield because of the two Centre backs that are playing. Odd that Daniels isn’t in the squad and presumably Eddie isn’t match fit. Ah well, it’s only the cup so we’ll learn something one way or another.... and the Lincoln of old were never over blessed with pace up front.

During the match McGarry suggested 9 players weren't available. I know about Will but surely the others aren't all injured.
    Also, a bit of humble pie- the two CHs we're not bad. Despite this, I have to say both goals were too easy but i'm not too sure who was responsible for the first and Mandron seemed to have lost his man for the second.
    Finney, was brilliant in the first half but then disappeared until replaced. His replacement, Ainley, never really got involved. Didn't think Pickering or Perry played well defensively. Dale would do something good but follow it up with two bits of sloppy play.
    Murphy and Kirk both played well.
    It really did get ragged in the last 15 minutes and Lincoln looked better.
    Overall, about an hour of good play, the best being immediately after their first goal. 2 golden chances missed in the first half but fizzled out towards the end as Lincoln let Sass-Davies have the ball while they blocked off the midfield. Hopefully, Finney can last the whole game next game.

So yes 2-1 was right but not the result

Agree with Gazan regarding his match report, Kirk and Murph put in good performances ...