+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fans in dens

Fans in dens

Likely, unlikely?

If we are going to be ltd to numbers that we can easily get up to I hope it will be all home fans and no away.

Really need the info on numbers.

And I take it the bring a friend scheme won't be able to operate under the current circs.

Bit of a minefield but if we are only allowed say 2000 in.....they should be our fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Likely, unlikely?

If we are going to be ltd to numbers that we can easily get up to I hope it will be all home fans and no away.

Really need the info on numbers.

And I take it the bring a friend scheme won't be able to operate under the current circs.

Bit of a minefield but if we are only allowed say 2000 in.....they should be our fans.
    We have the countries top stadium manager so I’m sure we will already have this sorted

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    We have the countries top stadium manager so I’m sure we will already have this sorted
    Respected (according to the sun) nae **** said guid.

There's a difference.

Ie Stalin was guid at what he done but doubt he was respected.

We do need to get some information about how many ST holders our ground can hold. be pretty poor show if the capacity was limited by the Holyrood crowd to under 3k. we should have our facts worked out. can't believe they will relent on the 2m rule so why not spend a day or two working out how many fans we can get in. don't think we will be allowed to get even half our seats filled but we should work out the number. It could have a good effect on morale if it looked like all our ST holders could be seated in the 3 stands with PATG available for the Shankly.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    We do need to get some information about how many ST holders our ground can hold. be pretty poor show if the capacity was limited by the Holyrood crowd to under 3k. we should have our facts worked out. can't believe they will relent on the 2m rule so why not spend a day or two working out how many fans we can get in. don't think we will be allowed to get even half our seats filled but we should work out the number. It could have a good effect on morale if it looked like all our ST holders could be seated in the 3 stands with PATG available for the Shankly.
    Since 15th July 2020 the Scottish Government owned Calmac ferries have been operating with one metre social distancing for passengers who are expected to wear a mask at all times on board unless they are eating or having a drink.
    The number of passengers on the ferries is currently operating at 25% of the maximum capacity.
    Surely the one metre distancing rule can also be introduced for spectators attending football matches even if they have to wear a mask. It might reduce the atmosphere at Dens but it should not prove to a problem as at times there is nothing to shout about.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Since 15th July 2020 the Scottish Government owned Calmac ferries have been operating with one metre social distancing for passengers who are expected to wear a mask at all times on board unless they are eating or having a drink.
    The number of passengers on the ferries is currently operating at 25% of the maximum capacity.
    Surely the one metre distancing rule can also be introduced for spectators attending football matches even if they have to wear a mask. It might reduce the atmosphere at Dens but it should not prove to a problem as at times there is nothing to shout about.
    I find Calmac Ferries to be very good generally.

Two weekends from now on Saturday 19th September I will be travelling on four such ferries. The first journey will be from Corran to Ardgour. Once I alight from that ferry I will drive south to Lochaline and will travel on the ferry to Fishnish on Mull. Later that same day I will be making the return journey from Fishnish to Corran.

I will be inside my car at all times whilst travelling on these ferries and will not be wearing any face covering.

Of course this has nothing whatsoever to do with the OP which is about allowing fans into Dens Park, Dundee to see football games but as most threads on here seem to feature Calmac Ferries, The Scottish Government or Argyll And Bute Council these days I just thought I'd throw it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

Two weekends from now on Saturday 19th September I will be travelling on four such ferries. The first journey will be from Corran to Ardgour. Once I alight from that ferry I will drive south to Lochaline and will travel on the ferry to Fishnish on Mull. Later that same day I will be making the return journey from Fishnish to Corran.

I will be inside my car at all times whilst travelling on these ferries and will not be wearing any face covering.

Of course this has nothing whatsoever to do with the OP which is about allowing fans into Dens Park, Dundee to see football games but as most threads on here seem to feature Calmac Ferries, The Scottish Government or Argyll And Bute Council these days I just thought I'd throw it in.
    Didn’t realise Calmac done the Corran Ferrie, few years since I used it, but sure it wasn’t calmac at the time, same day I set out on a five night tour of the NC500, doing a trip to Orkney on Pentland ferries

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Didn’t realise Calmac done the Corran Ferrie, few years since I used it, but sure it wasn’t calmac at the time, same day I set out on a five night tour of the NC500, doing a trip to Orkney on Pentland ferries
    You're right, my mistake it's not Calmac. Looks liked Highland Council operate it so I'll only be doing one return trip on a Calmac ferry - which is disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

Deeranged.
    Good for you travelling to Mull using small Calmac ferries where people travelling by car have been told that they must remain in their car during the short crossing. Normally people on these short crossings are allowed to leave their car during the crossing but that is currently banned.
    However if you were travelling to the island of Mull from Oban which is the route used by most people travelling by car they are not allowed to remain in their car during the crossing. The ferries on the Oban to Craignure on Mull has a restriction on the number of passengers travelling despite everyone wearing masks except when they are eating or having a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    If the ferries can work on 1m social distancing I think the SFA the SPFL should be getting a campaign going to allow the same rules for football. We are being paralysed by governments who think they will get into trouble if they change their covid instructions.

Something is different, now. Infections don't seem to be as fatal as previously, why? If there is still a high risk for old vulnerable people then by all means have a stand, or as many seats as required with 2m separation. I had a look at things that have a death rate of 20 per 100000.
    Lung cancer, diabetes both have mortality rates globally higher than 20 per 100000. The difference is these are self inflicted, that's not a very fair way of phrasing it, but there is an element of personal genetic predisposition. Maybe Covid is similar and it is a virus that can be fatal for some people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)