+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ot Scotland

Ot Scotland

Oh dear, what a shambles. Awful. I had high hopes for Clarke but that was terrible. No drive, no aggression, no service to a lone striker.
    McTominay, one our best midfielders played on the right of a back 3, yes, McTominay played at CB, Andy Robertson pushed out of position at wing back in a cluttered left side with Tierney (to please Celtic) and Christie there too.
    McGregor the pass sideways king, chosen instead of Armstrong (to please Celtic no doubt) Ryan Jack (to please Rangers) totally anonymous. We were lucky to get at draw.

Some things in life just don't change.

And another thing while I'm on an off topic rant 😁 How come no-one out of Davie Provan Charlie Mulgrew and James McFadden had the balls to call it what it was, utter and complete sh1te!

For once I agree with Willie Miller....

"It was an awful performance. Israel controlled the game for vast periods and we didn't get close to them. We were passengers. We were bystanders. There weren't any fans in the ground but our players were like spectators.

We've got players that should be playing better. We've got big problems. I can't possibly see us being as timid as we were, surely. If you're going to go down, go down fighting"

I'm hoping yesterdays result/performance will finally put to bed the tierney at LCB with Robertson at LWB idea to bed. I personally didn't think it would work before we tried it. the options are either Tierney at RB with Robbo at LB, Tierney at CB in a 4 or bite the bullet and drop one of them. That's the decisions managers need to make.

The whole team imo was a shambles.

I rate marshall as GK but hes hardly played for me the boy McLaughlin should have been in goal.
    McTominay should never been at CB (esp when 2 CB's sit on the bench)
    Jack- neat and tidy but doesn't play forward passes much.
    Forrest at RWB? celtic try that and can get away with it due to them having the ball all the time but it doesn't suit him or the team having him there for scotland.
    Mcgregor- normally decent but struggled last night.
    Mcginn- plays further forward but hardly has support around him.
    Christie- seemed to be headless chicken running.
    Dykes- done well with what he got but no support whatsoever.

forcing players out of position and not playing natural players in them positions just makes us look silly.

big improvements needed if to win playoffs. Israel looked far more comfortable and were in control most of the game

A chance for Scotland to reach a new low on Monday night when they face a team made up of Czech reserves and staff...

ANNOUNCEMENT from Czech FA

Monday's Nations League match between the Czech Republic and Scotland will go ahead as planned after negotiations between the Czech FA and UEFA representatives.

Czech team will consist from new players and staff members.
    2:38 PM · Sep 5, 2020

Premiership darling of a manager being found out at International level and having his reputation ruined. Where have we heard that before? Steve Clarke following perfectly in the footsteps of Sir Craig Levein.

Great chance for Scotland.

It’s a full international and will make a difference to ranking and nations league future.

Surely can show a bit of heart and beat Czech B - I’m not taking anything for granted though. We’d struggle to break down San Marino

So basically the Czechs have called up their pub players for Monday night. You just know what’s coming here................................

seeing robertson getting stick in press and tierney glowing reports. Crazy stuff play two players out of position and have a go at one for not being as good as they are at liverpool. Very Kenny esque that .

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    seeing robertson getting stick in press and tierney glowing reports. Crazy stuff play two players out of position and have a go at one for not being as good as they are at liverpool. Very Kenny esque that .
    It's a complete sh1ttstorm. At least half of Glasgow wants to criticise Andy because they love Tierney. The other half hate him because he played for us. The lad can't win there.
    Clarke had Tierney more or less LB, Christie on the left wing so Andy was sandwiched between the two with no space to operate in. No wonder he looked poor.
    Terrible from Clarke.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)