+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Predictions for our league position this season

Predictions for our league position this season

It's almost upon us so let's get the party started

Assuming we start with what we have I expect we will concede less than last time but continue to find goals hard to come by - 16th.

What say y'all?

No more additions then same as last year. Get Watkins/Benrahma then maybe 12th ish.

Think West Ham will struggle with their horrible fixtures at the start. Crystal Palace will most likely lose Zaha, so will rely on Ayew and Benteke for goals. West Brom, no idea. Fulham no idea, Sheffield United won't be the same as last year. I can see 8 or so teams that should finish below us if we have a strike force that can get goals.

As Sam says up to now no new additions so far so another year of struggle seems likely with that run in I fear for survival I don’t think we will get away with it again.

With a few quality buys it may look different then the test to see if DS is up to the prem league.

At the minute.....relegated simples😲

All depends on whether or not DS has learned anything from last season, or will he stubbornly revert to type, i.e, the first 34 games. Or if he even sees Xmas in.

We have a chance in our 11 team mini league within a league. I see Ourselves, Sheff U, Newcastle, Saints, West Ham, Burnley, Palarse, Brighton and the promoted 3, fighting it out for relegation come May.

I think Leeds will do well, baggies will be down and around, fulham will be the new yoyo club!
    We need to get our arses into gear, i will not be confident of safety untill we find at least two forwards!

King and Watson with Martniez or Romero in between the sticks... And extra week of pre season and Burton league Cup game to warm up competitively... Plus (and I mean this nicely) no fickle boo boys allowed in the stadium, 10th to 13th.

I think Leeds are going to get absolutely smashed by Liverpool if they think they can play out from the back and attack attack attack. 8-1 would be my guess.

I would settle for 17th again

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)