+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby vs Reading

Derby vs Reading

Absolutely no idea how to call this one..... we could be on fire pumped up ready for the new season with youngsters wanting to prove a point and win 5-0

Or after selling two, several still out injured be totally over run with the youngsters totally out their depth and lose 5-0

....thoughts?

Sounds like a 0-0 draw then..... with 5-5 being unlikely. I feel Reading will have good season so I will assert 0-2

1-0 to the Rams.

Slow game but solid in defence, Reading to make a couple of opportunities from Rooney mistakes (if he plays), but overall lacking quality. Sibley to get the goal. Fans to moan about the performance and call us lucky.

Will we miss Bogle and Lowe? A lot will depend on the formation Cocu goes with.

Go with a back 4 and we could have Wis at RB and Buchanan or Fozzy at LB. Bateman on the bench to cover that role.

Back 3 and Midfield 5 could see Wis, te Wierik and Clarke at the back. The wing backs would be Ebosele or Bateman on the right and Buchanan on the left. Fozzy as cover for the back 3 / LB. Davies as cover. Sibley at #10 with Bird and Evans (on the premise Wazza is still injured) as DM.

Up top might be a harder call. Marriott for definite. He needs a run of games to "get back into it". Logical partner would be Waggy but he only started training again today so might not be up to 90 minutes. If he isn't then it would be a choice between Whittaker and Hector-Ingram, IMO.

Not exactly the first choice XI for many but the injuries don't help.

With a back 4 we would probably see Evans or Rooney alongside Bird at DM. MF 3 of Knight Sibley and Whittaker. Marriott up top.

We need the injured back and 2 quality new players for the #7 and #11 shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

Absolutely, and until we know that it’s probably five days too early to hazard a guess.

2-0 Derby with a scorer we don't know the name of yet

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Will we miss Bogle and Lowe? A lot will depend on the formation Cocu goes with.

Go with a back 4 and we could have Wis at RB and Buchanan or Fozzy at LB. Bateman on the bench to cover that role.

Back 3 and Midfield 5 could see Wis, te Wierik and Clarke at the back. The wing backs would be Ebosele or Bateman on the right and Buchanan on the left. Fozzy as cover for the back 3 / LB. Davies as cover. Sibley at #10 with Bird and Evans (on the premise Wazza is still injured) as DM.

Up top might be a harder call. Marriott for definite. He needs a run of games to "get back into it". Logical partner would be Waggy but he only started training again today so might not be up to 90 minutes. If he isn't then it would be a choice between Whittaker and Hector-Ingram, IMO.

Not exactly the first choice XI for many but the injuries don't help.

With a back 4 we would probably see Evans or Rooney alongside Bird at DM. MF 3 of Knight Sibley and Whittaker. Marriott up top.

MA just hope it's not a back three again I thought we were shocking against Barrow . You need faster defenders than we have to play three at the back . Joa will leave them for dead with his pace and theve got Ejaria from Liverpool absolute snip at 3million took Bogle to the cleaners at PP last season very good player . Hard to make any prediction till we know who we sign ,if they are fit etc If we have to go with what we had against Barrow we will get turned over We were so bad it's worrying Don't know why you have not named Shinnie he was better than the other midfielders when he came on I think it's silly making Bird captain he doesn't need that burdon while learning the game Be interesting who we sign especially the Wouldn't mind Brewster on loan from Liverpool

1-1

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    MA just hope it's not a back three again I thought we were shocking against Barrow . You need faster defenders than we have to play three at the back . Joa will leave them for dead with his pace and theve got Ejaria from Liverpool absolute snip at 3million took Bogle to the cleaners at PP last season very good player . Hard to make any prediction till we know who we sign ,if they are fit etc If we have to go with what we had against Barrow we will get turned over We were so bad it's worrying Don't know why you have not named Shinnie he was better than the other midfielders when he came on I think it's silly making Bird captain he doesn't need that burdon while learning the game Be interesting who we sign especially the Wouldn't mind Brewster on loan from Liverpool
    Blows hot and cold mista, for me. More cold than hot at that. I am far from convinced by him. That applies to some others too.

Evans can be brilliant but, as with Keogh, blunders are always a heartbeat away. Witness that backpass against Barrow. He owes Roos a month's beer supply for that save.

Lawro is another and I find it hard to tar Holmes with the consistent brush.

I like Bird but he has to look up, spot the runner and make the pass rather than turn the other way only to find there are no outlets that way....

Maintaining my glass at half full I'm looking for a positive result, so we only lose 1-2!
    Positive, you ask?
    Yes, we actually score a goal!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)