+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the media biased

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Oh look, I've a new name. Capt youtube .

Shall I get all upset and wail, like someone did when called a "tailgunner"
    ‘Upset and wail’?....and when was that exactly?

The only time I’ve ever been remotely ‘upset’ by you Tricky was when you lied...wrote that I was ‘anti-British’, said that hell would freeze over before you’d apologise, and then...retracted...about five posts later.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 07-09-2020 at 02:13 PM.

An anti British tailgunner then 😉☺️😘

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    An anti British tailgunner then 😉☺️😘
    I'm guessing rA has got broad enough shoulders to take any jibes in his stride but as it was me who coined it, it was a description not a nickname, I think Captain Youtube is a belter and I'll use it liberally

I actually agree Maddy. It doesn't help when politicians side with the mob either.
    The police has to be as neutral and as fair as possible. But the current culture of "offended" stops this from happening.
    What tends to happen, after they have been too lenient because of pressure. Is that they then go in heavy handed at the next protest.
    When the right wing have a prtest, I guarentee the police will be out in force in full battle gear. When the left have one, it is softly softly, so as not to get labelled.
    Personnally, if they cannot conduct a demo peacefully and within the law, then crack skulls with all of them.
    They should use just one test. Has the Law been broken? If so, they should take action. They can "have a word". They can issue an official warning, They can arrest and charge you. They cannot be heavy handed at you and then ignore me.

BTW - in answer to the thread title... just look at certain "journalists" from the Daily Fail and their attitude towards DCFC.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    They should use just one test. Has the Law been broken? If so, they should take action. They can "have a word". They can issue an official warning, They can arrest and charge you. They cannot be heavy handed at you and then ignore me.
    As it should be. They should be impartial. Unfortunately not all police are. Some bend the rules and lie.
    That is something to be weedled out. However, when the police are fearful to act, in case they get branded and politicians won't back them. It is hardly going to be a level playing field for everyone.

Noone need look no futher than the white underage girl abuse scandals. The police/Labour councillors/social services knew what was going on. Yet did nothing, so as not to upset an applecart.
    That is outrageous and we seem to have learned nothing from it. Police are still not upholding the law in certain quarters. The press are as guilty as anyone in back them into a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ‘Upset and wail’?....and when was that exactly?

The only time I’ve ever been remotely ‘upset’ by you Tricky was when you lied...wrote that I was ‘anti-British’, said that hell would freeze over before you’d apologise, and then...retracted...about five posts later.
    It was in the Brexit thread. Find it yourself. You was so hurt, you jumped off a dolls house

It was in the Brexit thread. Find it yourself. You was so hurt, you jumped off a dolls house
    Ah...that hurt then...and conveniently hidden amongst the 6.5k responses then. I don’t think I’ll bother. Just another unfounded allegation.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 07-09-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Is there not some sort of case for taking context into account? I don’t actually applaud or condone violence or disruption as means of protest, think it does much more harm than good.
    There perhaps are times however when the cause should be taken into account eg...the illegal shooting and murder of black men in the U.S, the Grenfell Tower tragedy, the invasion of Iraq...where protest seems much more justified than appears to be the case when a bunch of maliciously motivated thugs take to the streets to ‘complain’ about desperate people arriving on our shores via rubber dinghy.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Is there not some sort of case for taking context into account? I don’t actually applaud or condone violence or disruption as means of protest, think it does much more harm than good.
    There perhaps are times however when the cause should be taken into account eg...the illegal shooting and murder of black men in the U.S, the Grenfell Tower tragedy, the invasion of Iraq...where protest seems much more justified than appears to be the case when a bunch of maliciously motivated thugs take to the streets to ‘complain’ about desperate people arriving on our shores via rubber dinghy.
    I don't think a policeman doing his job will be any happier having things thrown at him because the person has a more legitimate cause or for that matter innocent business owners who have their livelihood destroyed by looters and arsonists.

People lost their lives in wars, to give us the freedom, to peacefully protest and not abuse that freedom. You abuse any freedom or privilege and you're likely to have it taken away from you.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)