+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the media biased

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Was the answer yes?
    It was, but a bit like Brexit there are folk still saying it wasn’t

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Wrong assumption yet again! Posting on this Forum has no effect on my blood or my calmness, after all its no more than pub gossip, not to be taken seriously!

Mm you have an interesting way of saying something in a post which means the opposite to what your appearing to say, an approach which I've seen before when people pretend to distance themselves from the view they are expressing. Unfortunately that doesn't work because in previous posts you make statements which can only mean one thing IF of course you meant what you posted!

So perhaps your only "broadly" anti BBC and its all the fault of the PC brigade?
    I wasn’t suggesting this forum made you any more tightly wrapped than in real life, read into that what you will.

You’re still on that ‘broadly non-racist’ comment I made aren’t you? I’m not sure I could identify a single person I know in friendship or work that are as pure as yourself, nor do I think I could ‘out’ you as only ‘broadly’non-racist Given ten minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    It was, but a bit like Brexit there are folk still saying it wasn’t
    Hmmm...not really. With Brexit the majority - well sort of - said ‘yes’, but were horribly misled.

With ‘are the media biased’ the answer is ‘yes’...but not unequivocally so. Towards Left or Right to varying degrees according to source and more generally (numerically speaking) towards the Right.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    You don't lose any argument when you tell the truth. Trump is an out and out racist He refuses to condemn the police over the recent black deaths If you agree and sympathise with him I would rather not converse with you .
    I

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Why?
    If someone calls you an alcoholic would you go away and wonder if you drink too much, examine your own drinking habits, or count how many pints you drink? If you denied the accusation maybe he'd use the no true Scotsman move hoping you'd finallly admit it. But it's an empty accusation of no substance.

You don't lose any argument when you tell the truth. Trump is an out and out racist He refuses to condemn the police over the recent black deaths If you agree and sympathise with him I would rather not converse with you .
    If that's the case then Trump is indeed a racist (although I will qualify that remark elsewhere). But to put it in context, Biden has consistently mocked and implied blacks are inferior to whites. The fact that the BBC don't report these comments doesn't make them any less nauseating. Please yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Have you had a ‘storm of abuse’? I don’t think so. Threads ‘sink or swim’ according to the interest they generate.

The suggestion is surely fair. This thread is entitled ‘Are the media biased’...you appear to want to discuss Trump v Biden...or at least you do until you get answers you can’t or don’t wish to respond to. Trump v Biden is not necessarily relevant to the thread is the only point I was making.

Both mista and I have answered you civilly. You don’t seem to have much of a comeback and I’m not at all ‘worried’...if you wish to have a Trump v Biden debate then why not start it, either here or on your own home forum?
    In retrospect, I acknowledge the comment was irrelavent.

For the purposes of that statement, define "truth"

In my experience, different people perceive "truth" in different ways: there is no universal truth. Its all a matter of perception, recollection, collective memory etc.

[QUOTE=Geoff Parkstone;39580235]For the purposes of that statement, define "truth"

In my experience, different people perceive "truth" in different ways: there is no universal truth. Its all a matter of perception, recollection, collective memory etc.[/QUOTE

Geoff you are neither blind, naive or stupid you know as well as I do what Trump is I could fill this thread with racist things he's said and done ,but I'm far to busy Just go on Y/tube it's full of him talking to the camera so he can't deny it Oh I forgot it's fake news .

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    If someone calls you an alcoholic would you go away and wonder if you drink too much, examine your own drinking habits, or count how many pints you drink? If you denied the accusation maybe he'd use the no true Scotsman move hoping you'd finallly admit it. But it's an empty accusation of no substance.
    I’m not entirely sure I’m following your argument here, Gunteryy.
    It’s quite possible, imo, that accusations of racism can be overused...but, in Trump’s case...if, as they say, ‘it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and sounds like a duck...it probably is a duck.’
    There are too many examples of Trump behaving and sounding like a racist for it not to be the case. Calling it out isn’t ‘losing the argument’.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)