+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Are the media biased

Made me laugh watching the briefing yesterday...

The reporter tried to imply that the testing pilot in Liverpool is failing to get enough testees, Brigadier Joe Fossey's no BS response:

"It is day four, Jonathan."

Translation:

"It is day four, you cretin."

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Please see sticky above about being nice. Another one eyed rant like ths is not what the forum needs. I happen to agree that Diana was a conniving little bitch who knew what she was getting into with the royal family, but milked it for what its worth, but I also agree she was sold down the river by the interviewers.

Neither of which is the point. This sort of personal attack is unacceptable.

Attachment 17423
    So calling someone naïve, using the word utter codswallop etc. is not acceptable? Hardly personal attack just my opinion and hardly harsh.

What is this Forum for the Derby infants sensitive little souls?

you forgot "gullible"

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    you forgot "gullible"

Guilty as charged, I shall have to get my Theasaurus out to find polite words that describe someone who seems to be unaware of how life really works.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    What utter codswallop, I'm sure you never read any tabloid papers then? Seeing as you are such a strict upholder of whats right and moral! Or perhaps before you do you check very thoroughly that the story your about to read has been obtained in a manner which meets your approval!

Before you start making assertions, perhaps you need to be sure of the facts? Instead of swallowing crap put out by a hypocritical member of the Aristocracy, well known for their compassion, adherence to the norms of society.

As for Diana, a pampered spoilt little brat, who knew exactly what she was doing and knew how to play the sympathy card that gullible people like you are only to eager to swallow.

How was Bashir "stabbing" her in the back and twisting the knife? Always assuming even half of what that hypocritical snake brother of hers is saying is true, and I'd be amazed if even half of it is! He interviewed her and gave her the chance to give her story, which she clearly wanted to do and knew what she was doing when she did it.

You clearly have no idea how journalism works, he may have used some subterfuge to get an interview, that happens all the time, half of the very important revelations that needed to be known would never have become public knowledge

Jeez some people are so naïve!
    Probably one of your more polite responses Swale, on your first point, you are correct in assuming that I don't read the tabloids, I stopped reading comics while I was still at school. When I do want to read fiction, I have a number of books on my Kindle.

Perhaps you didn't read where I questioned the reasons behind the 20 year delay in her brother releasing these notes and I share your distain for her manipulation of certain events, but this doesn't take away from the facts that a 'respected' journalist from a 'respected' news agency resorted to coercion, to get a vindictive interview. Would she have come up with some of her stories had she had not been stoked up first, I think not. Whether, you like her or not, it was well known that she had issues and to play on that mental state using forgeries and lies was immoral and something that I would have expected from a tabloid, not as many on here describe the 'worldwide respected BBC'.

So you seem to be agreeing with me that the BBC are no better than the tabloids. You also seem to be claiming that it's okay for journalists to do what they want when going for a big story. Maybe we should give them a blue light to put on their car, when they're racing to a new story developing? lol

I'm not naive, but I do object to being forced to pay £150 per year, to have left leaning crap thrown at me. I bet you'd love to being forced to pay £150 per year to have the Daily Fail delivered to your door every morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Probably one of your more polite responses Swale, on your first point, you are correct in assuming that I don't read the tabloids, I stopped reading comics while I was still at school. When I do want to read fiction, I have a number of books on my Kindle.

Perhaps you didn't read where I questioned the reasons behind the 20 year delay in her brother releasing these notes and I share your distain for her manipulation of certain events, but this doesn't take away from the facts that a 'respected' journalist from a 'respected' news agency resorted to coercion, to get a vindictive interview. Would she have come up with some of her stories had she had not been stoked up first, I think not. Whether, you like her or not, it was well known that she had issues and to play on that mental state using forgeries and lies was immoral and something that I would have expected from a tabloid, not as many on here describe the 'worldwide respected BBC'.

So you seem to be agreeing with me that the BBC are no better than the tabloids. You also seem to be claiming that it's okay for journalists to do what they want when going for a big story. Maybe we should give them a blue light to put on their car, when they're racing to a new story developing? lol

I'm not naive, but I do object to being forced to pay £150 per year, to have left leaning crap thrown at me. I bet you'd love to being forced to pay £150 per year to have the Daily Fail delivered to your door every morning.
    But how is it left leaning crap? The tactics employed by journalists to obtain stories can vary but often involve subterfuge - you personally may not agree with it, indeed I was at one stage considering a career in journalism but realised that I wouldn't ahve the stomach to do what was required in order to get stories. Now you and I for that matter may recoil at the methods used to get news, and its not restricted to the tabloids, though it is common there as the phone hacking scandals demonstrate.

That proves my case really, one could hardly accuse the Murdoch press of pushing left leaning crap! So I think your wide of the mark on that one.

But unless you totally avoid reading any newspaper, then you, me and the rest of us feed this behaviour as we devour stories that sell! Personally I don't give a flying **** about the personal affairs of the royal family or x or y celebrity for that matter. I would wager however that every respected journalist, I'm referring to those that have actually gone out and got scoops, exclusives on major stories has used all types of tricks in order to get them. Whilst you can harrumph about the morality of it all, I do think "thank goodness" they do because lots of quite important stories would never have become public knowledge otherwise.

Would she have come up with her stories? Mm difficult to answer that one without knowing the person and her motives, my view is yes she would, she felt wronged by that family and wanted her side of the story put across and there were a number of media organisations eager to interview her.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, as is looking back and making judgements on actions that happened in another time, I'm not saying the rights and wrongs of events should not be considered and applied in a different way going forward, but for me this is a non story!

I can see your point about the dealings with Diana, cannot see how that makes the BBC a left leaning organisation, either then or now.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)