+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the media biased

Are the media biased

You have probably either watched it read the news this weekend . Every paper and News Channels I've either watched it read has been full of the Extinction Rebellion blocking the printing presses by lying in the street Now there is a way to protest and I don't think that is the right way But a completely over the top reaction from the media accusing extreme left wing agitators from organising it .Well I always thought climate change was a concern for all political persuasion s or is that just at election times . Now Johnson is going to rush a bill through to protect the Newspapers making them "critical national infrastructure " few
    Meanwhile at the same time there was a protest at Dover which you probably never read or saw on the news . At protest by the far right against migrants , This consisted of a number of far right groups some from banned groups the police said there were members from Britain First , Pie and Mash ( football hooligans )fomer Combat 18 and EDL members . They blocked the A20 with a sit in during off Dover docks . Leader Nigel March with his megaphone screaming " Take a knee for the brethren of this f**king country Wonder what PM is going to do about this

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    You have probably either watched it read the news this weekend . Every paper and News Channels I've either watched it read has been full of the Extinction Rebellion blocking the printing presses by lying in the street Now there is a way to protest and I don't think that is the right way But a completely over the top reaction from the media accusing extreme left wing agitators from organising it .Well I always thought climate change was a concern for all political persuasion s or is that just at election times . Now Johnson is going to rush a bill through to protect the Newspapers making them "critical national infrastructure " few
    Meanwhile at the same time there was a protest at Dover which you probably never read or saw on the news . At protest by the far right against migrants , This consisted of a number of far right groups some from banned groups the police said there were members from Britain First , Pie and Mash ( football hooligans )fomer Combat 18 and EDL members . They blocked the A20 with a sit in during off Dover docks . Leader Nigel March with his megaphone screaming " Take a knee for the brethren of this f**king country Wonder what PM is going to do about this
    Interesting facts though, that the police were ready for it and came in force. They quite rightly made arrests and cleared the way.
    Now contradict that with BLM rallies were they stood aside and let a mob do what it wants.
    What did our PM do about that as well? Why are the police so particular as to how they respond to certain groups?

Take the recent Birmingham stabbings. Stop and search activates so many ethnics, yet the figures show why it is there.
    So why are the police being scared to follow it through now?

Listen to this serving officer phoning in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVpN...EVOICEOFREASON

It works both ways.

Might it just be, Tricky, that the police are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Move in quickly on one lot and, depending on your own leanings, they are either doing the right thing or they are curtailing someone's right to peaceful protest.

Move in on the other side and you are being a racist. Don't do so and they are pandering to the loony left.

Basically, whatever they do, someone is going to be "offended".

Poor buggers can't win, can they? Or they could if they treated every protest the same. Leave em all be or arrest the bloody lot, regardless of race, gender, creed, religion or political leaning. That way nobody should complain.......... but they will.

Now look what you’ve gone and done, mista.

In answer to the question...yes the media are biased. The Guardian and the Mirror slightly towards the Left. The Times, Telegraph, Sun, Mail and Express to varying degrees towards the Right. The TV argument has been done to death elsewhere and I don’t want to kick start Capt. YouTube so I’ll pass beyond that.

Agree with you about ‘Extinction Rebellion’. Well intentioned but badly advised imo. I mostly agree with their aims but I think their methods are often flawed and only antagonise people.

I didn’t know anything about the far right imbeciles at Dover...which maybe tells it’s own story.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Interesting facts though, that the police were ready for it and came in force. They quite rightly made arrests and cleared the way.
    Now contradict that with BLM rallies were they stood aside and let a mob do what it wants.
    What did our PM do about that as well? Why are the police so particular as to how they respond to certain groups?

Take the recent Birmingham stabbings. Stop and search activates so many ethnics, yet the figures show why it is there.
    So why are the police being scared to follow it through now?

Listen to this serving officer phoning in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVpN...EVOICEOFREASON

It works both ways.
    Tricky I wasn't trying to be political I just can't understand why you can rush legislation through to protect newspapers .When up until now we have not heard a word about what he intends to do about protecting our harbours and docks The country won't grind to a half without papers But it sure will without Dover

As for the BLM rallies suggest you go on Ytube get what happened in June 13th 2020 Your friends were allegedly there to protect statues ,especially Churchill . Showing how sick and stupid they are making Nazi salutes against the very person who fought them ducking brainless or what . That day must go down as one of the worst orchestrated fights against the police this country has seen . You don't need flares and fireworks to protect statues If you condone that behaviour which by your comments you obviously do you are either anti police have anti racial tendencies ( I will be careful how I put it ) or your sick in the head I rather suspect all three

IMO there's two aspects, biased reporting of stories and 'controlling the narrative'.

In respect of the former, the printed press most definitely do, reading a Guardian and Daily Mail spin on the same story makes amusing reading. I don't think the broadcast media are quite as bad but there is IMO a clear left (BBC, CH4, Sky) / right (LBC, RT) 'inclination'.

In respect of the latter though, I think there's a definitely a level of control being exercised, or maybe the media are just trying to recover the level of control they had before social media punched a hole in their bubble.

A very current example is the way the news of the Birmingham stabbings has been reported. Two of my family DJ in that area and are therefore fairly well connected, and a broad description of the perp was circulating on their social media around 3am - yet the media (maybe in some respects led by the police) declined to mention his colour throughout yesterday, and as far as I'm aware still haven't despite now showing a video. Forgetting all other reasons, that's out of order from a public safety point of view, because how can the public help the Police or keep themselves safe if they don't know who/what to keep themselves safe from?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

In answer to the question...yes the media are biased. The Guardian and the Mirror slightly towards the Left. The Times, Telegraph, Sun, Mail and Express to varying degrees towards the Right. The TV argument has been done to death elsewhere and I don’t want to kick start Capt. YouTube so I’ll pass beyond that.

Agree with you about ‘Extinction Rebellion’. Well intentioned but badly advised imo. I mostly agree with their aims but I think their methods are often flawed and only antagonise people.

I didn’t know anything about the far right imbeciles at Dover...which maybe tells it’s own story.
    Liking the Captain Youtube thing, that's definitely my lol of the day

There were 'far right' (not sure where this compulsary use of 'far' has come from) imbeciles at Dover, but there were left-leaning protestors there in equal number from what I've seen (although I'll accept, not being such clots). That's you being 'controlled' by the media micro-giant that is mistaram

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Might it just be, Tricky, that the police are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Move in quickly on one lot and, depending on your own leanings, they are either doing the right thing or they are curtailing someone's right to peaceful protest.

Move in on the other side and you are being a racist. Don't do so and they are pandering to the loony left.

Basically, whatever they do, someone is going to be "offended".

Poor buggers can't win, can they? Or they could if they treated every protest the same. Leave em all be or arrest the bloody lot, regardless of race, gender, creed, religion or political leaning. That way nobody should complain.......... but they will.
    I actually agree Maddy. It doesn't help when politicians side with the mob either.
    The police has to be as neutral and as fair as possible. But the current culture of "offended" stops this from happening.
    What tends to happen, after they have been too lenient because of pressure. Is that they then go in heavy handed at the next protest.
    When the right wing have a prtest, I guarentee the police will be out in force in full battle gear. When the left have one, it is softly softly, so as not to get labelled.
    Personnally, if they cannot conduct a demo peacefully and within the law, then crack skulls with all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

Oh look, I've a new name. Capt youtube .

Shall I get all upset and wail, like someone did when called a "tailgunner"

Tricky I wasn't trying to be political I just can't understand why you can rush legislation through to protect newspapers .When up until now we have not heard a word about what he intends to do about protecting our harbours and docks The country won't grind to a half without papers But it sure will without Dover

As for the BLM rallies suggest you go on Ytube get what happened in June 13th 2020 Your friends were allegedly there to protect statues ,especially Churchill . Showing how sick and stupid they are making Nazi salutes against the very person who fought them ducking brainless or what . That day must go down as one of the worst orchestrated fights against the police this country has seen . You don't need flares and fireworks to protect statues If you condone that behaviour which by your comments you obviously do you are either anti police have anti racial tendencies ( I will be careful how I put it ) or your sick in the head I rather suspect all three
    HANG ON, MY FRIENDS?
    Listen, I believe everyone of the protest nutters who break the law, get busted for it.
    But there is definitely a reluctance to do so, where certain ethnicities are involved. Due to police fear, that isn't right.

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)