+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joe Fitzpatrick MSP for Dundee West amd Sprts minister

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Anyone else on here think they have ‘masters’, of any nationality?
    Then again I think of myself as Dundonian rather than Scottish.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Unless the time element of 'generation' was specified at the it could be taken to mean anything from zero to infinity.

If you're asking me for a personal consideration or opinion of the length of time that may reasonably constitute a generation I'd have to say a minimum twenty years. However as someone who would, for personal and probably vindictive reasons, love to see independence in my lifetime I'd like to shrink it to four years in agreement with the MSP Michael Russell. The one and only time I'll agree with any politician.
    What an attitude😁

That's like accepting a derby win with an own goal or relegating the dabs with a flukey double nutmeg.

I know you wouldn't find that very fair.

Where's your sense of British fair play.😎

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    What an attitude��

That's like accepting a derby win with an own goal or relegating the dabs with a flukey double nutmeg.

I know you wouldn't find that very fair.

Where's your sense of British fair play.��
    I'll take any own goal derby win with a flukey double nutmeg goal being like the icing on a, oh I don't know, relegation cake maybe?

Life's not fair, why should I be?

I'll take any own goal derby win with a flukey double nutmeg goal being like the icing on a, oh I don't know, relegation cake maybe?

Life's not fair, why should I be?
    Life here isnae bad.

You should be fair as you are more than likely off guid British stock.😁

In all seriousness if they stuck to 30 years I wouldn't have many complaints but they are sleekit devious *******s (the snp) and won't.

I long for the day the "progressives" get routed.....probably not in my lifetime but dosent stop me longing for it.

No.

I actually think we have it pretty guid.

I know a few London guys now and I feel pretty sorry for them with the mass immigration that's took over their major cities down there.

I see England as rivals at sport and good for ripping the pish from time to time but actually dislike weegies, Lochee weegies and Aberdonians far more.

Fife ****s I just ignore.
    Agree with most of what you say.

I’ve worked with People from England most of my life and never ever experienced what some say they have.

i think those who feel they have ‘masters’ suffer with self esteem issues.

Life here isnae bad.

You should be fair as you are more than likely off guid British stock.��

In all seriousness if they stuck to 30 years I wouldn't have many complaints but they are sleekit devious *******s (the snp) and won't.

I long for the day the "progressives" get routed.....probably not in my lifetime but dosent stop me longing for it.
    From pure Scottish stock me.

I agree re 20 to 30 years and in all seriousness the vote was taken, the vote was to stay in so really it should end there................ for now.

Lol.

I always thought a generation was 30 years.

That's a big difference of opinion.
    I replied to Michael Russell that a generation could be a minimum of 16 years but I considered a generation to be at least 21 years and probably longer.
    He did not reply to my email.
    A month later Michael Russell announced that he was not seeking re election as the MSP for the Argyll and Bute constituency.
    Thank goodness as he has been hopeless as the MSP..

A 'generation' is defined as 'all of the people born and living at the same time' so in fact Islay's nemesis isn't wrong in saying that a generation can be as little as four years. By that definition it can actually be an even shorter time than that just as easily as it can be a considerably longer time as the element of 'time' is not specifically quantified within the definition.

Having said that a 'generation' can also be fairly defined as 'the average period during which people are born, grow up, become adults and begin to produce further offspring'. By this definition the term 'generation' is generally considered to be between 20 and 30 years. However social pressures act constantly on this number. For example as improved career and life opportunities become more available to women the average age of first time births in the UK as a whole is increasing being around 26 in 1975 and over 30 in 2014. The same is true of first time fathers with average age of first time fathers being around 33. This clearly increases the 'time' element of what is considered to be a generation.

In summary a generation is not a definite period of time or definite group of individuals, it can be as short or as long as the individual chooses it to be or can even be a number of individuals within an arbitrary population.
    Deeranged.
    I suggest that you email Michael Russell with your well thought information as like most SNP supporters he has his head buried in the sand and will not listen to reason. You might have more success than me as my name probably has a red flag against on his constituency database.

From pure Scottish stock me.

I agree re 20 to 30 years and in all seriousness the vote was taken, the vote was to stay in so really it should end there................ for now.
    H Deeranged.
    The pro independence supporters are trying to use the old EU trick that a country’s voters has to keep having a referendum until they vote the way that the EU leaders in Brussels want them to vote.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)