+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not drunk this time!

Not drunk this time!

Yes, we've been hit again!
    Parked in a different place to walk the dog, this time a school teacher manages to whack the side of the car on her way home from school! A different place, a different car but we are still being used for target practice! Fortunately, we weren't in the car so no personal injury or trauma!
    Is somebody telling us something?
    As Victor would say 'I do not believe it'!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Parked in a different place to walk the dog, this time a school teacher manages to whack the side of the car on her way home from school! A different place, a different car but we are still being used for target practice! Fortunately, we weren't in the car so no personal injury or trauma!
    That’s bad news Mac and glad you weren’t injured, if sharing the pain is in order I’m happy to do that and I can confirm that another Tour De France Wannabe cyclist attacked the back of my van last night causing a few hundred quids worth of damage. His shoulder pushed the door frame in 2cm but he still managed to desert the scene before I could collar him!

Blimey Mac have you walked under a black cat or something ,thank goodness you were not in the car . I bet your insurance company can't believe it

Thanks Andy, sorry to hear you've been got at as well!
    Unbelievable how much damage a cyclist can do, at least our attacker left her details and has admitted full liability!!
    Thanks mista, yes one wonders if we've upset some higher being. Innocent victims both times but Insurers seem to prefer it if you take out their insurance and then leave your car in the garage!
    We're still sorting out the last episode now starting again.
    Twas ever thus.

Mac, hopefully this will have been the 3rd one and you can stop worrying now.....

Andy, Most of us cyclists (aka lycra louts) are actually law abiding. I can assure you that it wasn't me The least we can hope for is that chappie (or chappess) actually broke that shoulder. You for the damage and the fact he did a runner and me for him/her giving the rest of us a bad name...... BTW - guess what I'll be doing in about an hour......

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Mac, hopefully this will have been the 3rd one and you can stop worrying now.....

Andy, Most of us cyclists (aka lycra louts) are actually law abiding. I can assure you that it wasn't me The least we can hope for is that chappie (or chappess) actually broke that shoulder. You for the damage and the fact he did a runner and me for him/her giving the rest of us a bad name...... BTW - guess what I'll be doing in about an hour......
    The perp actually turned up yesterday and offered to pay for the damage, and has done, and he was insured. Its actually the second time my van's been attacked by an Eddie Merckx type in the same place, the last one caused even more damage, Autowinscreens have me on an account now because I've done two front windscreens in the last two months too

Actually MA it's the 5th time and counting!
    The 'best one' was some years ago when both my neighbour and ourselves were having new drives laid resulting in his car, mine and my sons all being parked on the road outside our properties. At about 6am the milkman was out delivering (as I say some years ago) when his milk float (yes milk float) whacked my neighbours car pushing it into mine and mine then hit my sons car!
    All 3 were so badly damaged that they were all written off!
    Not best pleased my neighbour recommended he took up ten pin bowling! His explanation was that we don't normally park there. I'm not sure what his bosses had to say when they had to cough up for three cars, we never saw him again!

Actually MA it's the 5th time and counting!
    The 'best one' was some years ago when both my neighbour and ourselves were having new drives laid resulting in his car, mine and my sons all being parked on the road outside our properties. At about 6am the milkman was out delivering (as I say some years ago) when his milk float (yes milk float) whacked my neighbours car pushing it into mine and mine then hit my sons car!
    All 3 were so badly damaged that they were all written off!
    Not best pleased my neighbour recommended he took up ten pin bowling! His explanation was that we don't normally park there. I'm not sure what his bosses had to say when they had to cough up for three cars, we never saw him again!
    Damn, that's bad mac. Hope your dent incidents are now confined to the past. I managed to get round this morning without damaging any vehicles.

On the cycling theme, Derby now have a cycling line available from the shop. Thermal Jacket £120. Bib shorts £108. Shirt £92. I get the prices in € on my laptop and those I've given are at the current exchange rate. IMO, the prices are exhorbitant and I won't be buying. Same goes for the 125th BBG anniversary shirts at £125 a throw. IMO, on all 4 items the club is extracting the urine.

Come on MA, some poor sods got to pay the exorbitant stipends dished out to the Prima Donna's masquerading as footballers. So cough up and watch Lawrence take the piss most match days!
    On the other hand you could tell them to duck off! Yes, go for that one!
    Derby might be my club and always will be but such gross urine extracting still makes them Tossers!

I will be going for one of the orange keeper's shirts, as will er indoors and the 2 dustbin lids. Holland and Derby wrapped up in a single shirt.... Will be my first new shirt for several seasons. If the cycling gear had been a more reasonable price I'd have gone for the shorts and the shirt.

A few years back when we were sponsored by iPro, I needed a new cycling shirt and spotted the newest Raleigh one online. I was dubious a Raleigh is Shottingham based and 60% of the jersey is "r e d", however, DCFC were one of their sponsors that year and the shirt has the Rams logo on both the front and back. I went for it at, if I remember rightly £45. Had my money's worth out of it and it's still going strong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)