+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Now it’s my turn....

Now it’s my turn....

To rant about dickheads who get about on two wheels........motorcyclists.
    I was in the alps last week cycling with one of my sons, everything was perfect up until the weekend. Then hundreds probably thousands of motorcyclists riding in groups phucking up the tranquility of the mountain roads. Mainly French,Italians and Swiss bikers reving up their machines all phucking day long, the noise can be ear splitting.
    On the Sunday,on top of a mountain pass (Col de Vars) about a dozen of ´em were pulled over by Gendarmes on motorcycles and I thought great they will most likely get fines for dangerous driving...like phuck they were! The Gendarmes were giving lessons on how to handle their machines on the hairpin bends! Couldn’t believe it!

Vive La france Monsieur!
    You would not get that sort of behaviour in the UK lion français
    don't worry be happy now
    John.....

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    Vive La france Monsieur!
    You would not get that sort of behaviour in the UK lion français
    don't worry be happy now
    John.....

A few months ago a Colonel of the Gendarmerie was interviewed about road accidents and particularly motorcyclist fatalities. Apparently over 90% of accidents where a motorcyclist was killed it was the motorcyclist that was at fault. After what I witnessed during the weekend I am not surprised.

Sorry to hear of your annoyance FL but mine's a beaut innit
    Name:  s.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  83.8 KB

It’s no wonder there’s accidents if you’re riding it on the back wheel like that.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    Sorry to hear of your annoyance FL but mine's a beaut innit
    Name:  s.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  83.8 KB
    rides up walls apparently

[QUOTE=gaz1959;39569899]Sorry to hear of your annoyance FL but mine's a beaut inni

Evening gaz...I am not by any means anti motorcyclists but the risks they take on mountain roads and the danger that they can cause motorists or cyclists is totally irresponsible. But probably the most annoying aspect is the tranquility and the silence of the mountains is destroyed by the noise of endless pelotons of bikers roaring along spewing exhaust fumes in the pure mountain air.