Confirmation of fan pilot matches

The Joint Response Group is pleased to have received approval from Scottish Ministers for two pilot matches to take place with a maximum of 300 home supporters in the Scottish Premiership on Saturday 12 September.

The following matches will be subject to the initial pilot phase after both of the home teams submitted detailed operational plans for the safe access and egress of supporters:

• Aberdeen v Kilmarnock
• Ross County v Celtic

Both of the home clubs will also provide a post-match report on operational delivery to inform guidance for future pilots and the general resumption of supporters outlined in the Scottish Government Route Map out of the COVID-19 crisis.

Neil Doncaster, SPFL Chief Executive: “We are pleased to have received confirmation of pilot events at two Scottish Premiership fixtures on 12 September and I would like to thank the respective home clubs – and indeed all 12 Premiership clubs – for the comprehensive Return to Supporting plans. We look forward to building on the successful all-sport supporter pilot at BT Murrayfield and I know that clubs take the responsibility for the safe return of supporters seriously. This is another significant step forward for Scottish football and I reiterate the importance of fans to our national game. The JRG will continue to liaise with all clubs, and especially the home clubs, in the coming week to ensure all protocols and guidance are adhered to and that fans can look forward to a phased return to supporting their respective teams.”