+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Entertainment industries

Entertainment industries

That need crowds.

How do you decide who (If anyone) gets help if they continue to limit audiences.

Andrew Lloyd Webber greetin on the news but how should theatre be helped and sport not?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    That need crowds.

How do you decide who (If anyone) gets help if they continue to limit audiences.

Andrew Lloyd Webber greetin on the news but how should theatre be helped and sport not?
    Because they are luvvies not luddites, wish I could remember where I read a few months back that Cameron McIntosh the west end guru pockets over a million quid a week during the panto season ,not sure if it’s accurate as it’s not really my thing dahling....

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    That need crowds.

I watched the interview I understand what he was saying.
    My wife was going to the sold out Cliff Richard concert in the Royal Concert Hall In Glasgow towards the end of this month.
    She was going with two life long friends and they had booked two nights in a Premier Inn in the centre of Glasgow and were planning to start their Christmas shopping
    The concert has been cancelled until October 2021.
    The Premier Inn has been cancelled and shops in Glasgow lose out as they will not be doing their Christmas shopping.
    Worst of all I will not get two nights (3 days) respite when she was away.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I watched the interview I understand what he was saying.
    My wife was going to the sold out Cliff Richard concert in the Royal Concert Hall In Glasgow towards the end of this month.
    She was going with two life long friends and they had booked two nights in a Premier Inn in the centre of Glasgow and were planning to start their Christmas shopping
    The concert has been cancelled until October 2021.
    The Premier Inn has been cancelled and shops in Glasgow lose out as they will not be doing their Christmas shopping.
    So how will giving money to empty theatre businesses help premier inn or shops?

To keep my businesses going I have to fund them through to better days, should theatre owners not do the same?

Dundee FC will open with no crowds, no help and expected to fund itself.

Dundee Stars will have their season completely cancelled, again no help.

5 arty farts locations in the city are about to get over a million pounds of help. How does that work?

That's tough to take Islay

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post

To keep my businesses going I have to fund them through to better days, should theatre owners not do the same?

5 arty farts locations in the city are about to get over a million pounds of help. How does that work?
    I am not suggesting that theatre owners receive funding because their theatres are empty.
    I was trying to explain how other business are affected as a result of concerts being cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
    People travel from all over Scotland to attend these concerts which are usually held in Glasgow resulting in a lot of them requiring overnight accommodation and shopping in the shops in Glasgow.
    My wife used to attend a craft fair every year in the SECC and she used to complain to me about the high cost of overnight accommodation in Glasgow.
    Staying on Islay required two nights accommodation whereas people living in Dundee can travel there and back in a day.
    One of the joys of living on a Scottish island!
    I do not believe in Dundee Rep receiving subsidies from the Public purse.
    They should be operating as a commercial business, putting on plays that are of interest to everyone not some of the arty farty plays that they have put on in the past. They should also charge economic ticket prices which includes a profit as most of the people who go to plays in Dundee Rep can well afford to pay a higher admission price.

I am not suggesting that theatre owners receive funding because their theatres are empty.
    I was trying to explain how other business are affected as a result of concerts being cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
    People travel from all over Scotland to attend these concerts which are usually held in Glasgow resulting in a lot of them requiring overnight accommodation and shopping in the shops in Glasgow.
    My wife used to attend a craft fair every year in the SECC and she used to complain to me about the high cost of overnight accommodation in Glasgow.
    Staying on Islay required two nights accommodation whereas people living in Dundee can travel there and back in a day.
    They should be operating as a commercial business, putting on plays that are of interest to everyone not some of the arty farty plays that they have put on in the past. They should also charge economic ticket prices which includes a profit as most of the people who go to plays in Dundee Rep can well afford to pay a higher admission price.
    Someone (not me) once drew a pair of Greg's and facial hair on an aulder women's Cliff Richard calender in oor office......think it was February.

2 day "investigation" had to take place.

Never interfere with a cliff calender.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post

Ken it would cause a lot of jobs but is it no lenny henry that advertises premier inn?

If I never saw another advert or the "comedian" again I'd no be too upset.

Generally though the industries that shout loudest will get help.....sky has never shut up a boot free lancers.....ie most sky reporters.

On a positive note ,she doesn’t have to watch Cliff Richard...👍

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    On a positive note ,she doesn’t have to watch Cliff Richard...��
    You are playing with fire making that comment.
    My wife has often told me that Cliff Richard can put his slippers under her bed anytime!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)