+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ifollow

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSimmons View Post
    Just for clarity guys the salford game wasnt included in the season pass as league cup games aren't. That's why if you bought a pass it wouldn't work.
    Thanks, Mark. I did see the note about cup games not being included for season pass holders - and that would have been fine if the site hadn't given the appearance that the game WAS available. (There was a count down screen and several signs saying the match was live as a radio broadcast.) It was more frustrating than anything to see this and then get nothing - though I accept that there was no contractual obligation to provide it. That there ultimately WAS radio broadcast coverage from the Salford comms seems very strange in the light of what was said about cup games in the small print.

Anyway, I'm generally happy with the service I-follow have provided in previous seasons and will judge 20/21 from September 12 onwards!

How have you paid through the club. Through the website? If you are uk based you can only buy one game at a time I believe. You should be able to access it via the clubs website and connect to your tv via hdmi. It wont work via the website on a smart tv browser.
    One more question, Mark, since you seem to know more about what is going on than most.

I have watched the matches in previous seasons on the I-Follow app on my rather ancient I-pad. The new app needs IOS 11.5.2 or better and my I-pad won't go to that level. I can watch it on the app through my (much newer)I-phone, of course, but the experience isn't as good because of the small screen. My question is will I be able to watch by signing into my account on the I-follow website - using my I-pad or lap top - or is access to live games only available through the app? Many thanks.

Hi CT. Not an IOS expert I'm afraid so cant answer the question about that. From memory it was difficult to access coverage via the website and my android tablet. Sign in was hard, kept returning to a previous screen etc but that was ages ago. I cant remember if the tech worked cos it was so hard to get that far and the app worked so went down that route. You CAN access live games through your laptop though and comect to a tv using an hdmi cable that's what I do. I've also tried casting to tv from mobile but I find it less reliable than laptop via hdmi. Hope that helps.. a bit! Btw I denigrate. The interface is shute and not at all intuitive.

You should post more Mark

How have you paid through the club. Through the website? If you are uk based you can only buy one game at a time I believe. You should be able to access it via the clubs website and connect to your tv via hdmi. It wont work via the website on a smart tv browser.
    On my iPhone I googled I-follow Rotherham, registered and paid a tenner. Then got an email saying I’ve got a match day pass.

I assumed I’d be able to google I-follow Rotherham on my smart TV and watch the game there.

Is that not the case?

I cast to my tv last week using Chromecast. Quality was good, but definition not as sharp as watching on a laptop. Dodgy camera work also makes a difference on a bigger screen.

For those that don't know, you need to purchase a Chrome dongle which you fit into a hdmi slot on your telly (if you have one). The dongle only works when used with the Chrome web browser. Easy to set up.

When you're not watching the Millers you can always watch ****. Or Mary Berry. Other options are available.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Thanks, Mark. I did see the note about cup games not being included for season pass holders - and that would have been fine if the site hadn't given the appearance that the game WAS available. (There was a count down screen and several signs saying the match was live as a radio broadcast.) It was more frustrating than anything to see this and then get nothing - though I accept that there was no contractual obligation to provide it. That there ultimately WAS radio broadcast coverage from the Salford comms seems very strange in the light of what was said about cup games in the small print.

Anyway, I'm generally happy with the service I-follow have provided in previous seasons and will judge 20/21 from September 12 onwards!
    Yes, I was also pretty sure the game was available as part of my season pass. I had a message saying the first game available to me as part of the pass was on 5/9! As I said earlier, couldn't watch the game on my laptop even after paying the £10 extra. There's been a great service in previous years enabling us abroad to watch the games. Let's hope we get back to normal service on Saturday.

Does anybody know if any Championship games will be available on the Sky Red Button service this season? In recent years they've all been on midweek games.
    I've had a look and all the info refers to games after last season's restart and not this coming season.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgetown View Post
    Does anybody know if any Championship games will be available on the Sky Red Button service this season? In recent years they've all been on midweek games.
    I've had a look and all the info refers to games after last season's restart and not this coming season.
    I read not. Thinks it’s because iFollow will be the club’s only source of income for the foreseeable future.

Can I follow work on Firestick via the legit app?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast