+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foundation update email

[QUOTE=islaydarkblue;39570677]If the cash was urgently needed then the club should have set up a fans fundraising scheme similar to the Ayr United au500fund.com instead of waiting until two supporters put forward their own plans for the fundraising scheme.
    I still think that the 1893 Foundation is missing a trick by not also accepting ‘one off donations’ from supporters.
    The name of the account, sorting code, account number and IBAN number could be listed on the club website under ‘Fundraising’ for donations from supporters including those who live outwith the UK.[/QUOTE

Don't think you should do both types of donation using 1893 Foundation as it is currently set up. Maybe have an alternative set of incentives for one off bigger donations but the pay per month is a great money raising concept, and has the potential to grow.

[QUOTE=BCram;39570732]
    Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    If the cash was urgently needed then the club should have set up a fans fundraising scheme similar to the Ayr United au500fund.com instead of waiting until two supporters put forward their own plans for the fundraising scheme.
    I still think that the 1893 Foundation is missing a trick by not also accepting ‘one off donations’ from supporters.
    The name of the account, sorting code, account number and IBAN number could be listed on the club website under ‘Fundraising’ for donations from supporters including those who live outwith the UK.[/QUOTE

Don't think you should do both types of donation using 1893 Foundation as it is currently set up. Maybe have an alternative set of incentives for one off bigger donations but the pay per month is a great money raising concept, and has the potential to grow.
    That is up to the management of Dundee FC to introduce both types of donations to the 1893 Foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Received this tonight, £8500 per month not to bad an amount, but I think the number of members (550) is disappointing, what do people think
    For anyone that hasn’t joined, what’s would entice you to join? What would you like to see out The foundation?

Understand financially it’s not going to be something everyone will want to commit to, especially in current situation, but interested to hear why others may choose not to join

Quote Originally Posted by dayster View Post
    For anyone that hasn’t joined, what’s would entice you to join? What would you like to see out The foundation?

Understand financially it’s not going to be something everyone will want to commit to, especially in current situation, but interested to hear why others may choose not to join
    I'd like to see the badge I was promised. Looks almost as if something was promised to entice people to join that wasn't actually available.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I'd like to see the badge I was promised. Looks almost as if something was promised to entice people to join that wasn't actually available.
    Did you no read the email

Helping your club should be enough to entice people that can afford a few £’s a week, if membership was double, which isn’t unreasonable, then we could pay the wages of two very good standard players

I joined because it's simple, I pay my donation and it's not complicated, goes to the club, the fans then have no say.....I like that.

Hi Dayster.
    You may have previously read on this topic that I tried to get a fans fundraising scheme similar to the AberDNA scheme set up in November 2018 but it hit a brick wall.
    I have read the minutes of Dee4life Trust board of directors meeting on 9th July 2020 where everything was ready to go. Then things changed and the club took over the running of the foundation which had a new name. I enclose the minutes which are free to read on the Dee4life Trust website under ‘Downloads and Minutes’. https://www.dee4life.com/files/15986...te09.07.20.pdf
    See Item 2 Secretary’s Report.
    I think that the funds raised under the 1893 Foundation should be similar to the AberDNA and Ayr United AU500fund.com fans fundraising scheme where it is stated on the club website that the funds raised goes directly to the manager’s playing budget.
    The Ayr United AU500fund.com scheme lists the Bank Sorting Code, Account number and name of the account to allow fans wishing to make ‘one off’donations directly into the account. The IBan number which allows people who live outwith the UK to transfer money to a UK bank account.
    This would allow Dundee supporters who live worldwide to easily make ‘one off’ donations to the Foundation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)