+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 42 of 68 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: The Days Other Games (Season 2020-21)

Newcastle are really poor.

No fight or spark at all.

Battle really hard in the first half. They get a corner in the 49th minute and Shelvey hits the first man and Arsenal score and it was downhill from there.

Interesting point tonight was that Aubemayang, who cost millions, scored only his fourth PL goal of the season and that is just one more than Chris Wood and Aubemayang has played one game more. It's a funny old game!

Steve Bruce will be down the Job Centre very soon. His team are dropping fast and clearly in a relegation battle, whether he likes it or not.

The good news is that the magpies are looking more like cannon fodder than us.

The Magpies will realise that they need to keep playing Jeff Hendrick rather than have him on the bench.
    Fans don't like him, just the same as the majority of Clarets fans didn't like him, however, Newcastle have picked up 14 of their 19 points this season in the 12 games in which he has appeared and scored 14 goals.
    Thye have played 6 other games and scored just 4 goals and picked up 5 points which included a win against WBA and a draw with Fulham.

He has played 134 games in the PL and has not been relegated up to now but he always puts a shift in and does his job and he did the same at Burnley, in spite what both Clarets and Magpies fans think. Football is not just about what you do with the ball. there is much more to a team ethic than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    The Magpies will realise that they need to keep playing Jeff Hendrick rather than have him on the bench.
    Fans don't like him, just the same as the majority of Clarets fans didn't like him, however, Newcastle have picked up 14 of their 19 points this season in the 12 games in which he has appeared and scored 14 goals.
    Thye have played 6 other games and scored just 4 goals and picked up 5 points which included a win against WBA and a draw with Fulham.

He has played 134 games in the PL and has not been relegated up to now but he always puts a shift in and does his job and he did the same at Burnley, in spite what both Clarets and Magpies fans think. Football is not just about what you do with the ball. there is much more to a team ethic than that.
    Good try Sub, but most Newcastle fans have sussed him, just like most Burnley fans did. He couldn't hold down a regular place in a mediocre Burnley team for a reason, and he can't hold down a place in a mediocre Newcastle team for the same reason. I still think we should have sued Derby under the Trades Description Act for what we paid them for him.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Good try Sub, but most Newcastle fans have sussed him, just like most Burnley fans did. He couldn't hold down a regular place in a mediocre Burnley team for a reason, and he can't hold down a place in a mediocre Newcastle team for the same reason. I still think we should have sued Derby under the Trades Description Act for what we paid them for him.
    Interesting that he couldn't hold down a place because he played in 122 games of the 142 which he could have played in, this discounts the final 9 games of last season when SD didn't consider him because he was on his way, Ben Mee played 133 in the same period.

We won 40 matches, drew 28 and lost 54, scoring 124 and conceding 173.
    In 2016/7 we picked up 40 points, 3 of which we won before Jeff signed. We then picked up a further 32 points when he played in 32 of 34 available games, being suspended for 2 which we drew.
    In 2017/18 we picked up 54 points. 49 of which were gained when he played in 34 matches out of the 38.
    In 2018/19 we picked up 40 points, 31 of which were gained in the 32 matches out of the 35 for which he was available.
    Last season we picked up 39 points in the 29 games for which he was available and 36 were gained in the 24 in which he played.

In total he played in 86% of the games available to him and we picked up 85% of the total points we gained when he was playing.
    We also scored just over 1 goal per game.
    He scored 9 goals and only Joey comes close with 7 goals, Dwight 5, Westwood 5, Cork 3 and Brady 3.

I always appreciated the work that he did off the ball and which is obviously not appreciated by lots of Clarets fans or Newcastle fans, however, as someone who could not hold down a regular place but somehow managed to play in 86% of our fixtures, his value to the team ethic was enormous, perhaps that's why Sean picked him ---or was it just the fact that he was hardly ever injured?

sinkov, it's all about opinions, it always has been and I used to sit on matches, home and away, and hear the abuse that was thrown at Jeff while he was just getting on with his job and wondered how long it would be before he left us.
    Well, he has moved on to pastures new and is not appreciated where he has gone by the vast majority of fans but he will get on with the job regardless like any true professional.

alto ---sorry about the digression!

Sorry Alto, I know this is not the right thread so I'll keep this short, me and Sub could go on about Jeff all day. It is all opinions Sub, but Dyche's opinion was clear enough in his third season with us, he dropped him 8 times, he'd become a squad player, not a regular starter. He played more last season, but that could have been as you suggested, because he was usually one of the few fit enough to play, it was like last man standing at times. I notice he started the first 8 PL games for Newcastle, since when Bruce has dropped him to the bench four times.
    Perhaps Alto you or BT could move this to it's own thread, then me, Sub and others can discuss Jeff to our heart's content. We haven't had a good Hendrick thread for a while now.

No Worries Sub/Sinkov, its about the day's games whatever that entails, but it you really want me to give it its own thread I will do, let me know fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    No Worries Sub/Sinkov, its about the day's games whatever that entails, but it you really want me to give it its own thread I will do, let me know fellas.
    Cheers Alto, I'm not really that bothered unless Sub wants to, we can't have much new to say about him I wouldn't think. Bottom line is Sub rates him, I don't, and whatever t'other says neither of us are going to be changing our minds.

Page 42 of 68 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)