+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: The Days Other Games (Season 2020-21)

Quite right you are looking forward to it,it's what it's all about.I was at the final against Sheff Utd,I won't tell you how much I had to pay for my ticket

I also went to the final when Swansea got promoted.However,my question is - At the back of your mind do you think you'r ready to go up or you would be better off with another year in the Championship? My wife is from Swansea and a supporter but she doesn't want them to go up yet,they're not ready in her opinion and would be straight back down.I wonder what Huddersfield supporters think.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Quite right you are looking forward to it, it's what it's all about. I was at the final against Sheff Utd, I won't tell you how much I had to pay for my ticket
    I also went to the final when Swansea got promoted. However, my question is - At the back of your mind do you think you'r ready to go up or you would be better off with another year in the Championship ?. My wife is from Swansea and a supporter but she doesn't want them to go up yet, they're not ready in her opinion and would be straight back down. I wonder what Huddersfield supporters think.
    Hey up Baz lol, tahh for your comments.
    Swanny are the only team to double us this season actually. And tbh they still haven't forgotten or forgiven us for hammering them on penalties in the '06 Lg One Final.
    Do we really want to go up ehh, well it sounds like a daft question dun't it. But I think we all know wot will happen if we do, and I don't want to see that!.

When we went up through the play offs I just thought of it as dipping our toes in the premiership bath and looked forward to the parachute payments.

Friday Result (23/04/21)

Premier League

Arsenal 0 Everton 1

-- - - - - - - - -- - -- - -- - - - - -- - - -- -- - -- - -- - - --

Saturday Results (24/04/21)

Premier League

Liverpool 1 Newcastle United 1

West Ham United 0 Chelsea 1

Sheffield United 1 Brighton & Hove Albion 0

Championship

AFC Bournemouth 0 Brentford 1

Barnsley 1 Rotherham United 0

bastids 5 Huddersfield Town 2

Cardiff City 2 Wycombe Wanderers 1

Coventry City 0 Preston North End 1

Derby County 1 Birmingham City 2

Middlesbrough 3 Sheffield Wednesday 1

Nottingham Forest 1 Stoke City 1

Queens Park Rangers 1 Norwich City 3

Watford 1 Millwall 0

League One

Portsmouth 1 Bristol Rovers 0

Blackpool 0 Shrewsbury Town 1

Charlton Athletic 0 Peterborough United 1

Crewe Alexandra 1 Rochdale 1

Doncaster Rovers 0 Fleetwood Town 1

Gillingham 2 Northampton Town 2

Ipswich Town 0 AFC Wimbledon 0

Lincoln City 1 Hull City 2

Milton Keynes Dons 5 Swindon Town 0

Oxford United 3 Plymouth Argyle 1

Sunderland 3 Accrington Stanley 3

Wigan Athletic 1 Burton Albion 1

League Two

Cambridge United 0 Stevenage 1

Carlisle United 1 Harrogate Town 1

Cheltenham Town 1 Colchester United 0

Crawley Town 0 Forest Green Rovers 0

Exeter City 0 Newport County 0

Morecambe 0 Bol ton 1

Oldham Athletic 1 Grimsby Town 2

Port Vale 2 Bradford City 1

Salford City 2 Mansfield Town 0

S****horpe United 0 Walsall 2

Southend United 2 Leyton Orient 1

Tranmere Rovers 1 Barrow 0

National League

FC Halifax Town1Bromley2

Scottish League Two

Albion Rovers 1 Annan Athletic 0

- - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- -- - - -- - -

Sunday Results (25/04/21)

EFL Cup - Final

Manchester City 1 Tottenham Hotspur 0

Premier League

Leeds United 0 Manchester United 0

Aston Villa 2 West Bromwich Albion 2

Championship

Reading 2 Swansea City 2

Bristol City 2 Luton Town 3

-- - -- - --- -- -- - -- -- - -- - -- - - --- - - -- - - - -- - - -- - - - -- - - -- - - -

Monday Result (26/04/21)

Premier League

Leicester City 2 Crystal Palace 1

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tuesday Results (27/04/21)

Championship

Brentford 1 Rotherham United 0

League One

Accrington Stanley 3 Portsmouth 3

AFC Wimbledon 3 Rochdale 3

Burton Albion 5 Fleetwood Town 2

Charlton Athletic 2 Crewe Alexandra 2

Shrewsbury Town 0 Lincoln City 1

Sunderland 0 Blackpool 1

Peterborough United 2 Doncaster Rovers 2

League Two

Newport County 4 S****horpe United 0

Bradford City 0 Salford City 1

Cheltenham Town 1 Carlisle United 1

Exeter City 3 Grimsby Town 2

Forest Green Rovers 0 Barrow 2

National League

Bromley 1 Chesterfield 2

Scottish League Two

Annan Athletic 1 Stenhousemuir 1

- - - - - -- - -- -- - -- -- -- - -- - -- -- - - -- - - -- - - -- - - -

Thursday Game (29/04/21)

Scottish League Two

Brechin City 19:00 Annan Athletic

- - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - -- -- -- -- - -- - -- - -- -- -

Friday Games (30/04/21)

Premier League

Southampton 20:00 Leicester City

League Two

Harrogate Town 19:00 Cambridge United

Results not too bad for us this weekend, pity about Brighton and the Saints but the ones that count went our way.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post

Nothing is achieved unless you win the final at Wembley of course,
    Is it not still the case Acido, that the winners tip up their proceeds from the Wembley game to the losers, they make so much from the PL that they can easily afford to do that. For some clubs it's possibly the best outcome, trying to get a squad up to PL standards can be too much for some, it was for us first time around, even with Dyche as manager.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Is it not still the case Acido, that the winners tip up their proceeds from the Wembley game to the losers, they make so much from the PL that they can easily afford to do that. For some clubs it's possibly the best outcome, trying to get a squad up to PL standards can be too much for some, it was for us first time around, even with Dyche as manager.
    I've no idea Sinko, does that actually happen ?.
    I know its a despicable amount of money that Premier league teams get and it makes it worse when they get so called parachute payments as well for failing/going down.

I think the parachute payments are good (once you've been in the Prem), they keep your club afloat whilst you still have a massive wage bill and are adjusting to the Championship. They also give you that one shot to make it back to the prem. Good luck in the playoffs acido though if you'd beaten the Nobenders you wouldn't have to play Brentford in your first game (unless you win your last game and Bournemouth blow it.) Hopefully if you get to Wemberlee a few fans will be there.

To be honest Chris we could have done without these last two league games, now that a Play off place has already been achieved.
    The Nobbers obviously wanted that win more yesterday in their last home game, and we certainly didn't want to risk injuries or suspensions etc.
    I wish we could avoid both Bournemouth and Brentford, but maybe they are also nervous about playing us again lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I've no idea Sinko, does that actually happen ?.
    I know its a despicable amount of money that Premier league teams get and it makes it worse when they get so called parachute payments as well for failing/going down.
    It's nothing official Acido, it's up to the clubs, but it makes sense. The winners won't miss it and it's a bit of compo for the losers.

"QPR and Derby strike deal to give Wembley gate receipts worth £1.5m to Championship play-off final loser"

I believe we let Sheffield United take the receipts when we won in 2009, as far as I know it happens every year.

Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)