+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bolton

Bolton

Well, that wasn't easy viewing.
    Excellent free kick from Ainley for Mandron's first goal. Beccles looked very calm and commanding. Sass-Davies had another decent game including a couple of slide rule passes through the middle. Dale hit an amazing goal on 66' and was clean through on goal when hacked down (shouldn't that have been a red card?). However, that was the sum total of his positive contribution. TJ looked quite nervous playing out from the back and didn't seem to want the ball. However he made a couple of positive forward runs in the last 10 mins. Lundstram looked a bit leggy to me and didn't produce much. Pickering was much as usual but didn't make as many runs upfield- possibly missing Kirky! Zanzala was a bit of a disappointment. Mandron despite looking slow had a really good game. Holdi g up the ball and bringing others into the game. Took his (free) header well coming around the back. Wintle was okay.
    The match rarely developed any fluency but Bolton gave the defence a good bit of practice of playing out from the back under great pressure. We wasted chances in the first half and they did in the second.
    After this I'm looking forward to Saturday and Charlie giving us some width. Also whatever injury Powell has, I hope it clears very soon.

Wot no comments?

Looks like Dave has brought in a like for like with Mandron - not fast, good in the air, takes a good pen. The other thing that encourages me is that the defensive reinforcements look promising. You say Beckles played well, I believe Daniels has looked OK and Sass continues to improve. With Offord and Nolan also in contention I would suggest that Lancashire’s days look numbered.

Given that we looked good in the middle and up front last season and that we have cover for Porter I think Dave has done good business and the future prospects are good.