+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Macclesfield get yet another 7 days

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Would have been nice to be able to say we were inaugural members of the Premier League but there's no guarantee it would have made much of a difference in the long term. Bradford City had a couple of seasons in it and have struggled ever since, look at Oldham now - who went up with us and lasted three seasons. If I could wave a magic wand, go back in time and guarantee a five match winning streak, there'd be other seasons I'd want to think about first. 1975/76 might be the obvious one. For purely selfish reasons (because of the age I was at the time) I'd have loved to have seen us stay in the top two divisions in 1985. Relegation from the top flight was inevitable but we could have done alright under Sirrel again in tier 2.
    Given that we bounced back under Warnock in spectacular style, I’d go for later than the mid-80s (though that was a wretched time with the consecutive relegations). Turning five defeats into victories would have kept us up in 1994-95, a season where we had more managers than away victories.

But if I could change one result in our entire history, it would be the 2-1 Boxing Day defeat to Macclesfield in 2018. If we win that, we end up on 44 points and Macc. on 41; we stay in the league and they go out. God, we were diabolical that day.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    But if I could change one result in our entire history, it would be the 2-1 Boxing Day defeat to Macclesfield in 2018. If we win that, we end up on 44 points and Macc. on 41; we stay in the league and they go out. God, we were diabolical that day.
    Me as well. I'd gladly take that rather than be in the Prem in it's inaugural season.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Similar turns of phrase were used for RT "breath of fresh air" and AH "breath of fresh air". Not criticising the Reedtz bros - just would rather see how things pan out after a season or three. We sure would be in deep doodah without them agreed.
    Totally get the sentiment, and there is obviously the unknown factor especially with the Reedtz. However the big difference is RT and AH, talked lots, talked big, promised things that failed to materialize and above all spent big! None of those have happened under the Reedtz.

That's the main and key difference in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Totally get the sentiment, and there is obviously the unknown factor especially with the Reedtz. However the big difference is RT and AH, talked lots, talked big, promised things that failed to materialize and above all spent big! None of those have happened under the Reedtz.

That's the main and key difference in my eyes.
    The 'talking big', 'promising things' points, fair do's, but how many teams would you imagine have spent ' bigger' than we have this season?

Just interested.

Notts County Live pre season thoughts of Leigh Curtis:

https://www.facebook.com/NottsCounty...47920355251480

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234