+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OT James Bond

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    It was taking the piss sarcasm.
    But you get butt hurt immediately. GP got it, but you went out to try and explain it away.
    Ultimately you can't . It is another example of WOKE warping stories/characters/ history.
    I actually do find it funny, hence the piss take. But the fact remains, it is going on in every corner.

Seeing as you want to bring politicising into it.
    What's your take on the Diversity dance performance on BGT?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54099894
    You really need to read the whole thread.
    I agreed with GP’s original suggestion...but it doesn’t actually appear to be true.

That’s the point, and I wasn’t the one ‘politicising’ it or suggesting ‘it is going on in every corner’.

As for ‘Britain’s Got Talent’. Never watched it, know nothing about it and the Rugby League is on so I’m not about to start now.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    You really need to read the whole thread.
    I agreed with GP’s original suggestion...but it doesn’t actually appear to be true.

That’s the point, and I wasn’t the one ‘politicising’ it or suggesting ‘it is going on in every corner’.

As for ‘Britain’s Got Talent’. Never watched it, know nothing about it and the Rugby League is on so I’m not about to start now.
    I didn't expect you to have. Which was why I gave you the whole story.
    What's your take of a national tv family show, allowing a dance troop, to make a political statement, that causes controversy?
    It is exactly on par with what this thread is on about.
    Don't run away.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I didn't expect you to have. Which was why I gave you the whole story.
    What's your take of a national tv family show, allowing a dance troop, to make a political statement, that causes controversy?
    It is exactly on par with what this thread is on about.
    Don't run away.
    Great game.

Run away? Don’t be ridiculous, and the thread is about who’s going to play James Bond isn’t it?
    How can I have a ‘take’ on a performance I haven’t seen on a programme I’ve never seen?
    If you’re asking me if there’s room for controversy on a ‘national TV family show’...of course there is...programmes from ‘Z Cars’ to ‘Grangehill’ and ‘East Enders’ to ‘Coronation Street’ have demonstrated that for years.
    If you’re asking me about a specific programme I’ve never seen with people in it I’ve never heard of...how am I meant to answer that?

Great game.

Run away? Don’t be ridiculous, and the thread is about who’s going to play James Bond isn’t it?
    How can I have a ‘take’ on a performance I haven’t seen on a programme I’ve never seen?
    If you’re asking me if there’s room for controversy on a ‘national TV family show’...of course there is...programmes from ‘Z Cars’ to ‘Grangehill’ and ‘East Enders’ to ‘Coronation Street’ have demonstrated that for years.
    If you’re asking me about a specific programme I’ve never seen with people in it I’ve never heard of...how am I meant to answer that?
    I think this issue really belongs in the media bias thread and yes it was overly political IMO. There have been thousands of complaints to Ofcom about it, but more important to ITV will be whether viewers switched off/over, as they sell BGT advertising at a premium, I have a friend (who works for BBC!) who will be across these numbers which I'll ask him to provide. Weirdly BBC website reports clearly on the Ofcom complaints, but Radio Times says nothing and focuses on what a fantastic success the routine was...

I suspect I am pleased to have no clue what this thread is now about. To use abbreviations WTF is BGT and what's the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I suspect I am pleased to have no clue what this thread is now about. To use abbreviations WTF is BGT and what's the issue?
    I think BGT is an abbreviation of Britain’s Got Talent, but I’m not sure how we got there either. As far as I know it’s on ITV too, so it doesn’t even fit with the BBC bashers.

Guy Gibson's dog is named -. .. --. --. . .-.

This should never have been erased from his burial plaque at Scampton. He was the talisman of 617 Squadron.

History is history and bugger political correctness

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post

This should never have been erased from his burial plaque at Scampton. He was the talisman of 617 Squadron.

No arguments from me OTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post

With respect I can’t agree, OTR. ‘N****r’ has become a racial slur and a term of contempt aimed at black people. Even as recently as 1980 I bought a house with a dark brown bathroom suite which the salesman proudly told us was called ‘n****r lips’!
    Not for one moment am I suggesting any racist intent on Guy Gibson’s part, but times have changed.
    The RAF themselves said that it ‘did not want to give prominence to an offensive term’.
    The gravestone has been tastefully and respectfully replaced and even the Dambusters historian and chronicler, James Holland, praised the action and said ‘removing the pejorative name was not changing history’.

Doubtless one or two of the usual suspects will now launch into a ‘snowflake’ tirade, but aren’t those 3000 or so who’ve signed a petition for the name to remain being equally PC (in their own way) and over sensitive?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 11-09-2020 at 08:58 AM.

With respect I can’t agree, OTR. ‘N****r’ has become a racial slur and a term of contempt aimed at black people. Even as recently as 1980 I bought a house with a dark brown bathroom suite which the salesman proudly told us was called ‘n****r lips’!
    Not for one moment am I suggesting any racist intent on Guy Gibson’s part, but times have changed.
    The RAF themselves said that it ‘did not want to give prominence to an offensive term’.
    The gravestone has been tastefully and respectfully replaced and even the Dambusters historian and chronicler, James Holland, praised the action and said ‘removing the pejorative name was not changing history’.

Doubtless one or two of the usual suspects will now launch into a ‘snowflake’ tirade, but aren’t those 3000 or so who’ve signed a petition for the name to remain being equally PC (in their own way) and over sensitive?
    Mrs Mulden at the end of our road has a cat "Sooty". Hopefully the PC gang will catch up with the horrible cow soon. God forbid she puts it on his head stone.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)