+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT James Bond

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    No arguments from me OTR.
    Agreed. Pathetic.

A friend of my brother has a pug called "N****r". The dog isn't even black, or dark brown. It's that sort of beige colour. He just thought the name suited the looks of the dog. I will say no more except that in rural Gloucestershire people are not as woke as in the connurbations.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    A friend of my brother has a pug called "N****r". The dog isn't even black, or dark brown. It's that sort of beige colour. He just thought the name suited the looks of the dog. I will say no more except that in rural Gloucestershire people are not as woke as in the connurbations.
    The irony of that word amazes me.
    It has been banned for racial connotations and is frowned upon. Yet the black youth inparticular, still use it to each other?
    Surely they are hardly fighting their own corner whilst doing so and reacting so madly when it used by a non black at them?

Believe me, in an HMP you will hear it every 5 seconds in a conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Mrs Mulden at the end of our road has a cat "Sooty". Hopefully the PC gang will catch up with the horrible cow soon. God forbid she puts it on his head stone.
    ...and ‘Sooty’ was a pejorative word for black people when exactly?
    This is why...when I disagree with someone like OTR I say...’with respect’ and when you appear I just despair.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    This is why...when I disagree with someone like OTR I say...’with respect’ and when you appear I just despair.
    Ignoramus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs#S

I would not call a black person N1gger, but in the context of the Dambusters, it was the dogs name, which was perfectly acceptable at the time. It was also the code word for breaching of the Mohne Dam. Historical fact and it should not be swept under the carpet.

Yes times have changed and going forward it should not be a word used in every day terms when referring to a black person.

When I was at school I had several friends that were black or Asian and we often used to call them Nig Nog in jest and we'd get called something in return like white honky, it was harmless banter. We remained good friends and it was all light hearted. I actually heard from one of the said people a few weeks ago for the first time in many years and we still greeted each other as firm friends. The past customs, practices and terminology never bothered any of us back then. That was the past and that's how it was back then in the 60s and early 70s.

In the US in the 50s. Which is probably why you didn't know it rA. I don't remember ever hearing it in the UK. If I did hear it many moons ago, I probably decided to "sweep" it under the carpet.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Lol...’pot, kettle and...erm...black’.

I ask again...and ‘Sooty’ was a pejorative term for black people when?
    Everyone knows the history of ‘n****r’ being used contemptuously by certain white people towards black people. Can you honestly say you’ve heard people disparagingly referred to as ‘Sooty’?
    I certainly haven’t. Never heard ‘Sooties Out’ in my life...or seen it written on a subway wall.

Lol...’pot, kettle and...erm...black’.

I ask again...and ‘Sooty’ was a pejorative term for black people when?
    Everyone knows the history of ‘n****r’ being used contemptuously by certain white people towards black people. Can you honestly say you’ve heard people disparagingly referred to as ‘Sooty’?
    I certainly haven’t. Never heard ‘Sooties Out’ in my life...or seen it written on a subway wall.
    Well considering your back ground, it was hardly likely was it? Heard it myself loads of times, from child hood to work.
    Just because "YOU'VE" never heard it, doesn't make it less real you know.

The irony is, that even though it was a racial slur from the USA in the 50's, where do you think n*****r came from?
    The fact we had a kids tv puppet called sooty, makes it even more laughable.
    It wasn't that long ago, that folks were not so easily offended from both sides of the fence. Then the snowflake brigade started their campaign.

Heres a token youtube for you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_gN...l=DarkAngel182

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)