+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: You Bet

You Bet

Let's get a thread going for all those who like a bet, footy, boxing, rugby, grand prix or even TV reality shows, post your picks here.

I start it off with a golf one for US Open next week.

Winged Foot course looks like it's set up mighty tough and imo anywhere near level par would be an achievement. If so I rule out DJ for the win, he is prone to a +6 or worse round on these types of set up. Rahm also seems to struggle with a round or 2 when it's a grind out a par course.
    Rory distance control with scoring irons finds him out on saucer shaped multi level greens, be lucky to get top 20 imo.
    Thomas not driving well enough and will need to rely on scrambling and over 4 days can't see that tbh. Bryson will struggle to make cut with 'that' tee shot swing on a tight driving course.
    Would still think it would be a Yank or Brit ranked inside top 30 and can see Xander, Berger, Cantley going well and possibly Tommy Fleetwood, I rule out Rose as he is spending too much time faffing with women's game and still not convinced by his switching to and from clubs.
    With all that said, one I am very keen on is Tyrell Hatton.
    Previously got to world no 16 and now bounced back and better than ever after the wrist op late last year. Has accrued enough major experience, he has past top 6 finishes in British and US Opens along with a couple of top 10's in USPGA. He's off the back of a great Fed Ex so confidence should be soaring, he can also grind it out around the level par mark for 4 days as shown when winning the Arnold Palmer.
    Given we are on a run of maiden major winners except obviously Keopka who's withdrawn. I am struggling to find a non major winner in better form, you could argue he's in better form than most who have a major.
    At the price he's a big EW play for me in the outright markets and would strongly advise a good bet on him to be top Brit or European. I would be very confident he wins a 72 hole matchbet against any of the Brits and he will be Evs or better versus a lot of them.
    GL
    Last edited by A. J; 10-09-2020 at 12:49 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)